Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Flip Flops - Is It Just Us? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/flip-flops-just-us-t138259.html)

Krystyna 07-17-2011 07:36 AM

A few weeks ago my husband and I were at Old Navy and they had a fabulous sale on flip flops. There was every color of the rainbow and also gold and silver. With the sale and additional discounts because he's a Marine, they came out to only $1.99 a pair, so we got a bunch of them.

He had a little trouble adjusting to having the bit between his toes, but the worst part was where the straps crossed back to attach to the sole. We both felt like were were walking on rocks. I stuck it out longer than he did, thinking I just had to get used to it ... until I realized that I had horrible gigantic calluses on the bottom of my feet!

Has anyone else had this experience?

jbud2 07-17-2011 07:43 AM

I have a pair I got at another store and it seems to me the part where the strap goes into the sole is digging into my soul! I rarely wear them, and I hate to just get rid of them!

thimblebug6000 07-17-2011 07:47 AM

sorry don't wear them, but sure see lots of people who do.

ptquilts 07-17-2011 07:49 AM

I have never found them comfortable for any length of time, and soles are very thin so that you can feel every rock.

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 07-17-2011 07:55 AM

My daughter has AAA feet and loves them because they are so skinny. Most everyone else I know started complaining about Old Navy flip flops last year. That is when the sizing seemed to change.

bakermom 07-17-2011 07:59 AM

I can't stand the thingy between my toes on any shoe. i have a couple DDs that live in them.

nativetexan 07-17-2011 08:29 AM

all shoes i've come across lately are not made the same as they used to be. probably. too wide, so i have to buy shorter or not at all.
flip flops take some getting used to even when made correctly. besides, they used to be called thongs!!!

Ramona Byrd 07-17-2011 08:35 AM

I have a pair of very expensive leather ones (found in a church yard sale) that I love. But because of a previously broken ankle I mostly wear sturdy lace up cowboy ropers, but the rare times I do go without them, I grab the leather flip-flops to wear around the house. They are made with wider tops and much nicer shaped toe separators, and have natural depressions in the soles. (Can't find any names on them) They are very comfortable for some hours inside.

ontheriver 07-17-2011 08:36 AM

I live in flip flops, only put shoes on when it is really cold. A lot depends on the brand. I have many that are very comfortable and one pair that hurt my foot on the sides where the straps attach to the sole.

jetnica 07-17-2011 08:40 AM

I live in flip-flops!!

With Old Navy - I have to get 1 (ONE) pair at the beginning of the season and test them out -- it seems like every year something is majorly different.

This year - exactly what you said - the sides hurt bad. So I went shopping around and found some nike ones that I liked. Only got brown and black though!

If I find a pair that feels good, I'll buy in as many colors as I can find/need/afford.

I also try to purge every summer as well. I don't need 50 pairs of flip-flops.

=)