Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Football Anyone? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/football-anyone-t74694.html)

SuziC 11-06-2010 01:36 PM

I know that every Sunday is a football day for most men. But i too am a huge football fan and wanted to see how many other lady fans there are out there on this board. I usually sew and watch the games on Sundays. My Hubby and our three sons all like different teams so it made Sundays lots of fun when they all lived home. How about you? By the way, i am an avid San Fransico49ers fan!

erstan947 11-06-2010 01:39 PM

Sorry, if you want to have a good time leave me quilting.

snow 11-06-2010 01:45 PM

I am also a collage football fan I like the (Ark) razorbacks and the (OS) buckeyes of course, I am from zanesville ohio, I also like penn st. and the P. steeler.

Quiltforme 11-06-2010 01:46 PM

No never have been.

bearisgray 11-06-2010 01:47 PM

Not if I can help it.

Grammy o'5 11-06-2010 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by SuziC
I know that every Sunday is a football day for most men. But i too am a huge football fan and wanted to see how many other lady fans there are out there on this board. I usually sew and watch the games on Sundays. My Hubby and our three sons all like different teams so it made Sundays lots of fun when they all lived home. How about you? By the way, i am an avid San Fransico49ers fan!

Yes Ma'am - right there with you. I'm a Packers fan! Family from Wisconsin & my Grandmother was born really close to Green Bay - for Grandma and family I won't change my loyalty! But really like Tampa Bay too! My husband is a Colts fan, we also like the New York Giants - probably because of Eli Manning. We have a really close friend who is an avid 49ers fan and his wife is a Cowboys fan - tho she refuses to watch them when they're losing! This season has been rough on her!

My husband teases me that I know more about the players than he does! LOL! :lol: :lol: :lol:

P.S. Just made my DH a lap-size quilt and little pillow with Colts fabric for Sunday afternoons!!!

quiltin chris 11-06-2010 02:02 PM

I never used to watch football however my oldest son got me started. I try to have a hand sewing project going--you know how long those games can take!!

BTW, I am an Ohio State Buckeye and very much a fan.

purplemem 11-06-2010 02:02 PM

I'm a Dallas Cowboys fan who is having a lousy season and an Auburn Tigers fan who is having a great season! I watch every weekend. I also follow Alabama, Mississippi State, and Ole Miss. Sometimes Tennessee.

I like the Manning boys and follow their teams.

Carol's Quilts 11-06-2010 02:28 PM

When I was a freshman at Penn State (in 1958 !), the head football coach, Rip Engel (very famous, much loved and predecessor of Joe Paterno) came to our dorm, brought his blackboard and explained the game to all us girls, complete with diagrams and model plays, etc. I don't know of any other coach who ever did that. I learned to understand the game and I have been a fan ever since. Later, my husband thought it was really neat that I knew the game. Of course, as fate would have it, I ended up marrying a Pitt man, so every Saturday we had a war at our house!

My dad's enthusiasm for pro football rubbed off on me and, needless to say, I always have been and still am the biggest, most avid Pittsburgh Steelers fan. I get very emotional about the Steelers and, even though I live alone now, I never miss a game on TV, and I holler and cheer and pound the furniture and jump up and down and curse and cry and just get SO excited - all by myself! As much as I love sewing and quilting, it all has to wait until after the game!

Carol's Quilts 11-06-2010 02:28 PM

When I was a freshman at Penn State (in 1958 !), the head football coach, Rip Engel (very famous, much loved and predecessor of Joe Paterno) came to our dorm, brought his blackboard and explained the game to all us girls, complete with diagrams and model plays, etc. I don't know of any other coach who ever did that. I learned to understand the game and I have been a fan ever since. Later, my husband thought it was really neat that I knew the game. Of course, as fate would have it, I ended up marrying a Pitt man, so every Saturday we had a war at our house!

My dad's enthusiasm for pro football rubbed off on me and, needless to say, I always have been and still am the biggest, most avid Pittsburgh Steelers fan. I get very emotional about the Steelers and, even though I live alone now, I never miss a game on TV, and I holler and cheer and pound the furniture and jump up and down and curse and cry and just get SO excited - all by myself! As much as I love sewing and quilting, it all has to wait until after the game!