Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Anyone?

I know that every Sunday is a football day for most men. But i too am a huge football fan and wanted to see how many other lady fans there are out there on this board. I usually sew and watch the games on Sundays. My Hubby and our three sons all like different teams so it made Sundays lots of fun when they all lived home. How about you? By the way, i am an avid San Fransico49ers fan!

Blog Entries
    Sorry, if you want to have a good time leave me quilting.

I am also a collage football fan I like the (Ark) razorbacks and the (OS) buckeyes of course, I am from zanesville ohio, I also like penn st. and the P. steeler.

No never have been.

Power Poster
    Not if I can help it.

Quote Originally Posted by SuziC
    I know that every Sunday is a football day for most men. But i too am a huge football fan and wanted to see how many other lady fans there are out there on this board. I usually sew and watch the games on Sundays. My Hubby and our three sons all like different teams so it made Sundays lots of fun when they all lived home. How about you? By the way, i am an avid San Fransico49ers fan!
    Yes Ma'am - right there with you. I'm a Packers fan! Family from Wisconsin & my Grandmother was born really close to Green Bay - for Grandma and family I won't change my loyalty! But really like Tampa Bay too! My husband is a Colts fan, we also like the New York Giants - probably because of Eli Manning. We have a really close friend who is an avid 49ers fan and his wife is a Cowboys fan - tho she refuses to watch them when they're losing! This season has been rough on her!

My husband teases me that I know more about the players than he does! LOL! :lol: :lol: :lol:

P.S. Just made my DH a lap-size quilt and little pillow with Colts fabric for Sunday afternoons!!!

I never used to watch football however my oldest son got me started. I try to have a hand sewing project going--you know how long those games can take!!

BTW, I am an Ohio State Buckeye and very much a fan.

Blog Entries
    I'm a Dallas Cowboys fan who is having a lousy season and an Auburn Tigers fan who is having a great season! I watch every weekend. I also follow Alabama, Mississippi State, and Ole Miss. Sometimes Tennessee.

I like the Manning boys and follow their teams.

When I was a freshman at Penn State (in 1958 !), the head football coach, Rip Engel (very famous, much loved and predecessor of Joe Paterno) came to our dorm, brought his blackboard and explained the game to all us girls, complete with diagrams and model plays, etc. I don't know of any other coach who ever did that. I learned to understand the game and I have been a fan ever since. Later, my husband thought it was really neat that I knew the game. Of course, as fate would have it, I ended up marrying a Pitt man, so every Saturday we had a war at our house!

My dad's enthusiasm for pro football rubbed off on me and, needless to say, I always have been and still am the biggest, most avid Pittsburgh Steelers fan. I get very emotional about the Steelers and, even though I live alone now, I never miss a game on TV, and I holler and cheer and pound the furniture and jump up and down and curse and cry and just get SO excited - all by myself! As much as I love sewing and quilting, it all has to wait until after the game!

When I was a freshman at Penn State (in 1958 !), the head football coach, Rip Engel (very famous, much loved and predecessor of Joe Paterno) came to our dorm, brought his blackboard and explained the game to all us girls, complete with diagrams and model plays, etc. I don't know of any other coach who ever did that. I learned to understand the game and I have been a fan ever since. Later, my husband thought it was really neat that I knew the game. Of course, as fate would have it, I ended up marrying a Pitt man, so every Saturday we had a war at our house!

My dad's enthusiasm for pro football rubbed off on me and, needless to say, I always have been and still am the biggest, most avid Pittsburgh Steelers fan. I get very emotional about the Steelers and, even though I live alone now, I never miss a game on TV, and I holler and cheer and pound the furniture and jump up and down and curse and cry and just get SO excited - all by myself! As much as I love sewing and quilting, it all has to wait until after the game!

I get too wrapped up in the game--college or pro--that if I tried sewing while I watched I'd lose my needle, sew something to the couch or cut someone with scissors!! I love football (PennState, Steelers, & Titans) and really really love baseball (my poor pitiful Pirates). My friends know not to call me on Sat or Sun (or Monday night if Pgh is playing).

Not me, I'd rather watch cars rust then watch football!! :lol:

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    I only watch high school football only because DD's boyf is a football player and so is his brother. Right now Murray high's team is num1 in the state championship, with 11-0 wins. Go Tigers!!!

I've been watching and going to games my whole life. My Dad loves football and since he had 5 daughters he taught us all about football at a very young age. I even went to a BOSTON Patriots game way before they were the New England Patriots. So, yes, I'll be watching football tomorrow as I do whenever it is on. GO PATS!!!!!

After last year's big Superbowl win I think everybody in Louisiana is a football fan.... Geaux Saints!

And I just watched LSU beat Alabama!! Geaux Tigers!

(Geaux = Go)

LOVE Football! I don't watch much college - the players change & I can't keep up with them. I watch the 2 Montana teams and Boise State because my son goes there. But I very seldom miss an NFL game whether my husband is home or not. And it doesn't really matter who is playing - I just like good football! Someday I would like to see a game live.

Blog Entries
    Football and Figure skating and Nascar are my favorite sports. I can't stand baseball probably because I had to play in PE and hated it.

But I do follow the scores and watch the Pro games. I don't much care for college games as the rules are too differant for me to follow. I have the regs down for proball but not college.

I like to watch most of the games and really don't have a favorite. Tho when they added the new teams a few years back it was hard to get into watching them. I know Jaquars was one of the new teams don't really remember who the other were. I do follow the 49ers and the Green Bay Packers. I also like the Dallas Cowboys but I watch all of them, I can usually tell who is playing by the helmets but not always.

I get bored with the first half usually but watch the second half and really enjoy the strategies used. I have played Chess since I was 5 and am fascinated with the strategy that goes on on the football field! Love it when a play works and they run the ball down the field and get a touchdown! I so love it when I see one player from one team help an opposing player up when he has been hit. They are such role models for the young and am so glad most of them know that.

Yes I LOVE watching football!!

DH is NOT a sports (any kind) fan. I love football. Especially the pros. Denver Broncos is my team. Win or lose!

Living near Notre Dame, and having coaches' kids in my classes, I've become somewhat of a fan. My DD got me started watching NFL. I enjoy any game, am a Colts fan. I can't buy my grandkids Colts gear because my DSIL is a serious Bears fan. But I like the Colts blue better than the Bears blue.

I love football! I will either sew or paint while it is on.

We watch SEC college ball, but no pros, of any sport. Love Auburn since 3 kids and 1 GS went there. GA is my alma mater, and DH had his second career at Tennessee. TN is the only one that pays us!

I love this time of year World Series,college football,college basketball starting,and dthe NFL. Had three boys one still coaching.Iam like you no better way to spend a Sunday only problem is Iam a Broncos fan(sad but true)DH is a Chiefs fan. Hes really hard to live with right now.

I love football and always have. Grew up watching and can't imagine a Sunday in the fall not spent watching. If nothing else, I love the choreography of the game - one guy throws a pass 30 yards down field and another one is there to catch in spite of 11 players on the other team trying to prevent it. So amazing if you think about it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SuziC
    Me too! I love football..grew up with it, grand dad and dad coached and played, brother got a full ride..
    hubby doesn't know what a football is, i think! lol!
    i am a diehard Lions fans! U of M..great game today with them! back and forth, double overtime..yada yada!

I didn't like football for year. Then had two daughters in marching band. Eight years in the stands made me a fan. I love watching football. I get too excited to quilt during a game though.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast