Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Freedom bras - anyone try them? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/freedom-bras-anyone-try-them-t195112.html)

raptureready 07-20-2012 05:34 PM

Got some of the same things at Walmart for $20 for 2 or $20 for 3 up to size large. DD loves them, I love them. I can wear them all day and be comfortable. Would I pay $100 for three??? No way.

Sharbank 07-20-2012 06:19 PM

I purchased the Genie bras which are the same as the Ahhh bras and probably the Freedom bras.....They are made for tiny little ladies with A cups and very slim. They tout that they give support, but I found that there is no support for me. They are very overpriced for what they are IMHO... I will stick with my heavy duty bras from now on. :)

Sharon

kitsykeel 07-20-2012 07:54 PM

Wouldn't it be neat for us women to design some Freedom Tighty Whiteys for men. We could make them so tight and uncomfortable those guys would never, ever again say "Aren't you going to put on a bra today dear?"

ptquilts 07-21-2012 03:07 AM

how about underwire jockey shorts? With the ends of the wires poking through?

Grace MooreLinker 07-21-2012 05:22 AM

WalMart sells them also any store that sell the stuff sold on TV, and they are the same but not $99.00. I bought 2 for
if you like being flat chested they are fine, but I think they are just a sports type bra... I wear them around the house or doing yard work, no binding they are fixable.

Jeandrig 07-21-2012 05:34 AM

Don't know about these bras, but I have a Playtex shape wear that I like to wear around the house and sometimes sleep in. I'm full busted and have bursitis in my shoulders, need something comfy while quilting.

Momo 07-21-2012 06:03 AM

I got a couple of the genie bras from Wal-mart the TV special section. I like to wear them around the house and the wider shoulder strap is a blessing. I'm petite, but wear a D cup. The band does roll up, but it isn't such a big deal to keep me from enjoying the comfort around the house. They do smush a little, but that is ok too,
around the house.

lillybeck 07-21-2012 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by ptquilts (Post 5378105)
I am looking for freedom FROM bras, lol!!

Amen to this one.

oleganny 07-21-2012 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by Neesie (Post 5380560)
:D I once tried on an over-the-head sports bra, which must have been a relative of the one you had. Got it to my armpits and figured if I ever got it the rest of the way down, I'd never get it off. Those things must be designed by men!!!

I've always contended that the bra itself was invented by a man who hated women (& does anyone still remember when it was a brassiere & npt just a bra - lol)

Shirley in Indiana

Neesie 07-21-2012 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by oleganny (Post 5382030)
I've always contended that the bra itself was invented by a man who hated women (& does anyone still remember when it was a brassiere & npt just a bra - lol)

Shirley in Indiana

My grandmother always called them brassieres. I considered her soooooo un-hip! :D I also remember when the cups were pointy. Yeah, definitely designed by men! :shock: