Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Freedom bras - anyone try them?

Freedom bras - anyone try them?

I just got a groupon for them - they look like what I'd love, but I can't seem to find any reviews on them. Have you tried them? Are they decent? This is the link for their site - http://freedom-bras.com/review/produ...59/category/3/
    The groupon was for only $24 plus $3 shipping. (for 3)
    A nature-loving soapmaking older homeschooling mom who grew up sewing over at gram's house.
    wildhavensoap.com

Blog Entries
    I haven't, but here's a link to the Ahh brads on Amazon; looks like the same thing. There are 83 reviews you can read:
    http://www.amazon.com/Ahh-Bra-Nude-B...dp/B004ZGBXUQ/

Edit: Or maybe not quite the same. Googled "freedom bra reviews" and found a few. Here's one:
    http://www.thefrisky.com/2012-05-16/...itely-freeing/
    Last edited by Prism99; 07-19-2012 at 10:14 AM.

They look a lot like the Genie Bra which I did try from QVC. I sent them back. I think they must be good for a small busted woman. Not for me.

http://www.qvc.com/Genie-Bra-Set-of-....001?$uslarge$
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

Power Poster
    I can't tell if they have hooks or just slide over? I don't buy slide over bras because what slides down usually slides up. If I want comfort, I stay in my PJs. If I want the girls where they should be...I go underwire which I HATE!

That says the freedom bras are $99..........................
    WOW! That seems a bit steep!
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
    Susan

I know - $99 is crazy. But $24 seems reasonable. They look just like this bali bra that I recently got at Kohl's and love - so comfy!! But I know bali quality is great - have no clue about these though.
    A nature-loving soapmaking older homeschooling mom who grew up sewing over at gram's house.
    wildhavensoap.com

Blog Entries
    Barely There bras are much the same too. not much support. i wear them around the house but usually not out. I think they are all pull over.

Oh well - nevermind. Even though the groupon says you have 2 more days - it's now SOLD OUT. Too bad.
    wildhavensoap.com

I am looking for freedom FROM bras, lol!!

When I had my breast cancer surgery last fall I bought 4 or 5 of these. You step into them, they don't hook anywhere. They came in small medium large and extra large it was sort of guess and by golly for sizing.
    I still wear them occasionally but I call them my blobby bras because that is pretty much what large busts turn into in them. They've never ridden up though and they stay in place in the back, two good points.
    Very comfortable, but I don't care to wear them out in public. I have enough trouble with stubby and stretch without adding blobby into the mix.

I think the next step is sports bras, same style but firmer shapes if that makes sense.

Looks like a sports bra, to me.
    Neesie

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.
    ~Richard Dawkins

My daughter is a rather busty woman and she gets these at Wal-Mart for about $20.00. She really likes them.

Somehow "freedom" & "bra" just don't seem to go together... LOL! An oxymoron? LOL!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by burchquilts View Post
    Somehow "freedom" & "bra" just don't seem to go together... LOL! An oxymoron? LOL!
    I agree - there is always something wants us to think that their bra is easy and comfortable. -
    Quilting in the Desert

THE most comfortable bra is NO bra, and its FREE!
    If a woman's work is never done....why start?

Quote Originally Posted by latrinka View Post
    the most comfortable bra is no bra, and its free!
    amen!!
    Wendy in VA

If I had a dollar for every time I got distracted I wish I had some ice cream.

I don't know about Freedom bras but I bought Genie bras from Kmart. They are advertised on TV. They put them in a section with all of the other items that are advertised on TV. They are like $19.99 for two. One beige and one black is all I have found. They have removable pads you can put in them to eliminate nipples from showing under T-shirts. I think they are very comfortable. You just step into them. I love them. I usually wear a 38C and I buy the X-large size.

Blog Entries
    My sister recommended the AH bra to me. She got hers at Bed Bath & Beyond...$19.99/2 and you can use the 20% coupon. So I go buy a set. I went by the size recommended on the back of the package and got Large. So I'm excited to try them. Get home and proceed to put one on...got it partway down (put it on over head) and sorta near where it was suppose to be and it got twisted. I pulled and pushed and pulled and pushed but I was stuck in that thing and it was about to choke me. I thought I was going to have to find scissors to cut it off. If the bra had broken, it would have slung me and the girls across the room!!!! The only "AH" about that bra was the "AAAAHHHHH" I said when I finally got it off!!!!

I tried one once. You might as well not wear a bra as to wear one of those. Now that I have it what
    do I do with it. It isn't even a fabric you can cut up and use in a scrappy quilt.

This looks like ones advertised on TV. It is one of those commercials that have the "But Wait" for another "shipping & handling fee" you can get another set free. If they are giving them away for shipping and handling, you know what they are worth.
    "Only those who know enough is enough can ever have enough." Lao Tzu

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayslearning View Post
    This looks like ones advertised on TV. It is one of those commercials that have the "But Wait" for another "shipping & handling fee" you can get another set free. If they are giving them away for shipping and handling, you know what they are worth.
    Yep, but if you actually order from commercial, you will find out that the "handling" part is usually the cost of the 2nd item...I mean, since when did it cost $12-$15 to ship a bra!! I just say no thanks and don't order!

I have a confession to make. This hot, hot summer, I have enjoyed, for the first time, wearing a comfortable bra or on a few days, no bra at all. I made the decision to have breast reduction surgery, going from a D++ to a B cup. My insurance paid for it. Not the answer for everyone.......but I am enjoying the freedom, no heat rash and I am able to walk into a room and have people look at my face, not my chest. I have breast fed all six of my children and figured that "the girls" had done a good job. Love being able to finally wear comfortable bras.
    Kaye Jacobson Salverda

You are so rite on..First thing that comes off when I get home is the shoes second is the German word "floppin stoppen"

I tell DH he will never know how good it feels to let the girls out at the end of the day. Esp. with an underwire bra, which I have had to wear since age 14.

Quote Originally Posted by nygal View Post
    They look a lot like the Genie Bra which I did try from QVC. I sent them back. I think they must be good for a small busted woman. Not for me.

http://www.qvc.com/Genie-Bra-Set-of-....001?$uslarge$
    I also tried the Genie Bra and did not like it. I gave mine away. It rolled up under my breasts and was very hot.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast