Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Freedom bras - anyone try them?

Quote Originally Posted by Nanamoms View Post
    My sister recommended the AH bra to me. She got hers at Bed Bath & Beyond...$19.99/2 and you can use the 20% coupon. So I go buy a set. I went by the size recommended on the back of the package and got Large. So I'm excited to try them. Get home and proceed to put one on...got it partway down (put it on over head) and sorta near where it was suppose to be and it got twisted. I pulled and pushed and pulled and pushed but I was stuck in that thing and it was about to choke me. I thought I was going to have to find scissors to cut it off. If the bra had broken, it would have slung me and the girls across the room!!!! The only "AH" about that bra was the "AAAAHHHHH" I said when I finally got it off!!!!
    I once tried on an over-the-head sports bra, which must have been a relative of the one you had. Got it to my armpits and figured if I ever got it the rest of the way down, I'd never get it off. Those things must be designed by men!!!
    Neesie

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.
    ~Richard Dawkins

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
    I once tried on an over-the-head sports bra, which must have been a relative of the one you had. Got it to my armpits and figured if I ever got it the rest of the way down, I'd never get it off. Those things must be designed by men!!!
    AHHHH Bra did not work for me at all. The more expensive bras were WORSE!

I've seen something very similar in the Sunday advertising sections for a LOT less than that.

I got the AHH bra from HSN tried them, didn't work for me. Tried to give them away, no one would have them so back they went and then I said AHH.

I don't wear one at home. I do get funny looks from the neihbors thou
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubesgirl View Post
    amen!!

Got some of the same things at Walmart for $20 for 2 or $20 for 3 up to size large. DD loves them, I love them. I can wear them all day and be comfortable. Would I pay $100 for three??? No way.
    If no one ever experimented we'd all still be making 4 patches.

I purchased the Genie bras which are the same as the Ahhh bras and probably the Freedom bras.....They are made for tiny little ladies with A cups and very slim. They tout that they give support, but I found that there is no support for me. They are very overpriced for what they are IMHO... I will stick with my heavy duty bras from now on.

Sharon

Wouldn't it be neat for us women to design some Freedom Tighty Whiteys for men. We could make them so tight and uncomfortable those guys would never, ever again say "Aren't you going to put on a bra today dear?"
    Kitsy

how about underwire jockey shorts? With the ends of the wires poking through?

WalMart sells them also any store that sell the stuff sold on TV, and they are the same but not $99.00. I bought 2 for
    if you like being flat chested they are fine, but I think they are just a sports type bra... I wear them around the house or doing yard work, no binding they are fixable.
    Freedom is costly and quilting keeps us busy...

Don't know about these bras, but I have a Playtex shape wear that I like to wear around the house and sometimes sleep in. I'm full busted and have bursitis in my shoulders, need something comfy while quilting.

Blog Entries
    I got a couple of the genie bras from Wal-mart the TV special section. I like to wear them around the house and the wider shoulder strap is a blessing. I'm petite, but wear a D cup. The band does roll up, but it isn't such a big deal to keep me from enjoying the comfort around the house. They do smush a little, but that is ok too,
    around the house.
    Abiding in the Vine

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ptquilts View Post
    I am looking for freedom FROM bras, lol!!
    Amen to this one.
    A friend is someone who knows all about you and loves you anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
    I've always contended that the bra itself was invented by a man who hated women (& does anyone still remember when it was a brassiere & npt just a bra - lol)

Shirley in Indiana

Quote Originally Posted by oleganny View Post
    I've always contended that the bra itself was invented by a man who hated women (& does anyone still remember when it was a brassiere & npt just a bra - lol)

Shirley in Indiana
    My grandmother always called them brassieres. I considered her soooooo un-hip! I also remember when the cups were pointy. Yeah, definitely designed by men!
    Neesie

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.
    ~Richard Dawkins

Native Texan living in beautiful Arkansas
    The most comfortable bra I've ever had in my life is a Playtex "Secret". I don't even take it off when I get home from work. I'm heavy chested and these are wonderful and less than $25.00. Penney's has them and sometimes Walmart too. It is worth your trying. I drug my daughter to the bra department and made her 40ish self try one on and she was an instant believer. Now I have 2 out of 3 daughters wearing them.
    Take care of our earth. It's the only planet with chocolate!

I second that!

"My sister recommended the AH bra to me. She got hers at Bed Bath & Beyond...$19.99/2 and you can use the 20% coupon. So I go buy a set. I went by the size recommended on the back of the package and got Large. So I'm excited to try them. Get home and proceed to put one on...got it partway down (put it on over head) and sorta near where it was suppose to be and it got twisted. I pulled and pushed and pulled and pushed but I was stuck in that thing and it was about to choke me. I thought I was going to have to find scissors to cut it off. If the bra had broken, it would have slung me and the girls across the room!!!! The only "AH" about that bra was the "AAAAHHHHH" I said when I finally got it off!!!! "
    thanks for making my day! I laughed so hard I cried!

Blog Entries
    he, he. those pull over ones dont' go on well if you'd just dried off after a shower I can tell you. but otherwise you learn how to get them on easily enough. they just dont' give much support. they are something to wear in the hot summer at home though. I happen to hate bras. always have. even when i didn't really "need" one.

I have tried the Ahhh bra and it is ok very comfortable. Tried the Genie bra and did not like it. The only thing I do not like is at 73 the girls are far from perky and the Ahh bra tends to flatten them more than I would like. But since they are comfortable I wear them. I hate bras only had something to put in one when I was nursing my kids. The Ahh bra can be purchased on HSN and usually good deals when they are being featured. HSN.com whould have some listings.

I bought the Genie bras (two in a package) at Bed Bath and Beyond with my 20% coupon. I like them especially when I am working in the heat.

I have the Ah bra and the genie bra and I love them both. You step into them no hooks wires or buttons. They are wonderful!! I dont wear any other kind now. I am large busted and they work perfectly. I have 3 girl friends that only wear these bras and we are all different sizes. We all love them.

I quite wearing bra 30 years ago and NO I DON"T care who looks at me funny. Just shows how dumb they are. Besides, I always know which people have small minds or are to stupid to realize it's only skin under my shirts.

OH BY THE WAY DID YOU KNOW THAT BRAS ACTUALLY HELP CAUSE BREAST CANCER????

They look like the Sports Bra that you get from Walmart, 3 for 9.99.

Blog Entries
    he, he. I used to wear the lightest bras available. then went to underwire. now since I've noticed my side view in the mirror isn't what it used to be, i wear a bra with support when i need to. i did find in cooler weather that i like the camisoles with bra support sold at Target. the same ones Brenda Johnston wears in The Closer. they have a bit of lace too. But too hot to wear here in summer time.
    and i hate jiggling!!! always did.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast