Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Frustration! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/frustration-t20302.html)

leona07 05-19-2009 08:42 AM

My boyfriends bank held his income tax return check for 30 days!! They said that they had to to make sure the check would clear. Ummmm it was a check from HR Block....I think they are good for it!! :lol:

mytwopals 05-19-2009 08:47 AM

If the check was from HR Block, it was an advance loan on your boyfriend's income tax return. Not the actual tax return check. Those come from the IRS and will gladly be cashed by any bank. Although, 30 days does seem a bit long. I bet it posted to his account sooner than that. They probably just said 30 days to be safe.

Rhonda 05-19-2009 08:59 AM

I used to use H &R Block and I got the same check. They offer this service so you don't have to wait for the real check. I didn't have any problem using it. This was last year.
Maybe this is another instance where they are nervous because of the problems with the banks. Don't know but doesn't seem right!!

sewjoyce 05-19-2009 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by mamatobugboo

Originally Posted by pocoellie
Personally speaking, I would go to the President or manager at the bank you've used for years, tell them the problem you had and tell them that you'll be closing your account. My two cents worth. Glad you got the problem resolved.

i agree....

Me too!!

Shemjo 05-19-2009 02:40 PM

I use a credit union also. Their rules are a tad different, and out of state checks are usually held for 5 days. I'm sew sorry you had this difficulty, but glad you have it resolved, at least for now!
Great news on the book! :lol:

MadQuilter 05-19-2009 02:47 PM

I had a check held FROM THE BANK THAT ISSUED THE CHECK - now that's something to worry about.

sewjoyce 05-19-2009 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
I had a check held FROM THE BANK THAT ISSUED THE CHECK - now that's something to worry about.

No Kidding!!!

mimisharon 05-19-2009 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by sewjoyce

Originally Posted by MadQuilter

No Kidding!!!

Time for a new bank?

Mousie 05-19-2009 07:13 PM

when i first started using this board, i had never been on a site like this, so took me a while to find my way around. Was so pleased to find, that not only was there gobs and gobs of quilting info, pics, etc. but a place to just let your hair down and say whatever is on your mind...and get a lot of support.
You live your whole life, being an honest, decent person, and then some little thing, and somebody is questioning your very character, and not doing their job right. Quilting sure makes up for a lot in this world.

littlehud 05-19-2009 08:31 PM

Sorry you had so many problems Rhonda. Is it time to find a new bank?