Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   FYI...If I am missing for a while.... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/fyi-if-i-am-missing-while-t26147.html)

sewnsewer2 09-28-2009 06:45 PM

Terri stay safe and let us know when it is over. I'll be thinking of you.

tlrnhi 09-29-2009 03:30 AM

Well, they are saying it's going to hit with stronger winds. I have everything tied and bungee corded....well, as much as I can, that is. If it flys away, then it goes. Nothing I can do. They are saying now it will hit tomorrow around 10pm.
Heard from hubs. He says depending on what goes on with the storm...oh yea, theres another one coming after that supposed to hit on Friday....they'll just most likely ride it out.

So, hopefully it won't be that bad. I'm just hoping we don't lose power, but that's a lost cause. I lose power at least every other day. Lost it for 3 hours today. No clue why either. Called power company and they had no clue it was out. Said it didn't show on their grid. UGH!

sewsewquilter 09-29-2009 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
I lose power at least every other day. Lost it for 3 hours today. No clue why either. Called power company and they had no clue it was out. Said it didn't show on their grid. UGH!

Don't you just love living on an island. Some years it can be back to back storms. And you never know when the power is going to go out. When we first moved here that power was going out all the time. Not so much many more. I think the power company has finally joined this century.

You guys stay inside and hopefully stay dry.

tlrnhi 09-29-2009 04:36 AM

we are always losing power. The lines are old. Heck, a gecko can crawl across the line the the power will go out. With all the money they get for power bills, you'd think they could replace them

Esqmommy 09-29-2009 04:56 AM

Hi Terri - glad to hear you are okay for now. I am checking in on the internet for the updates...keep safe, okay. How's Courtney? I know it can be scary for the kids...

tlrnhi 09-29-2009 04:57 AM

Courtney is fine. She is pretty much oblivious to this. She just does her own thing lol

Esqmommy 09-29-2009 04:59 AM

Yes, kids are either scared, or they think it's cool...mine are still young enough to be scared if it happened here!

lfw045 09-29-2009 05:01 AM

Take care, Terri! Try to make a lean-to out of a mattress in a hallway just in case if it is supposed to get that bad with the winds. Hubby out to sea when something like this is happening is the pits.....been there done that on Willoughby Spit back in the 70's. Yes I had a newborn living on Willoughby
spit in Norfolk during that blizzard...........it was paralized here for about 2 weeks.

Bevanger 09-29-2009 05:55 AM

scary. thoughts and prayers your way sunshine

Rhonda 09-29-2009 06:37 AM

keeping you in my prayers!! Pray you get through this alright!