Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Glass Top Stove (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/glass-top-stove-t258488.html)

dakotamaid 12-20-2014 03:55 PM

I ve discovered that I need to mske the bottoms of my pans are clean!

misspriss 12-20-2014 05:04 PM

Maybe a paste of cream of tarter, it works on pots and pans, or wt a dryer sheet and let it soak. I use dryer sheets on a burnt pan with hot water. I have avoided the glass top stoves because I have heard so many complain about the cleaning.

Grace creates 12-20-2014 05:32 PM

WEIMAN glass top cleaner

orsdrramas 12-21-2014 03:58 AM

I have a glass top stove and clean it with hot soapy water on a microfiber cloth and it cleans up very well. If there is sticky dropping like from making butterfinger bars then I just let it set for a while with the hot rag on it. I have vent fan and I stick the greasy mesh metal filter and I just put that in the dish washer to clean it.

quiltbuddy 12-21-2014 06:29 AM

Cerama Bryte liquid cleaner and those little yellow scrubs pads that goes with this product. This will polish and protect it and one bottle will last for a year or so. I use one pad about every six months. Do not boil over something with a high sugar content because it could damage your cook top. Good luck!

ladydukes 12-21-2014 07:12 AM

Glass top stove/ranges are really nice. My sister had one and used it for canning. But one day the glass broke! The dealer said it is not to be used for canning. Maybe newer glass top ranges are, so if you do canning, be sure to find out ahead of time. The new glass cost her $500!!

ptquilts 12-21-2014 07:41 AM

Sugary spills are the worst on a glass top. I agree with razor blades, then polish with green scrubby pad and baking soda. If you have a regular spill, cover with a wet cloth as soon as the heat dies down, it will soften it up for you.

Never cook before cleaning, it will just harden the spots on there.

AZ Jane 12-21-2014 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by willferg (Post 7015069)
I find this all very interesting, because I've always thought I'd rather have a smooth top stove because they'd be so much easier to clean. Guess I should count my blessings (and clean my stove, lol).

No they are not easier to clean. And I hope no one has one that cracks, scared me to death!!

AZ Jane 12-21-2014 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by ladydukes (Post 7016331)
Glass top stove/ranges are really nice. My sister had one and used it for canning. But one day the glass broke! The dealer said it is not to be used for canning. Maybe newer glass top ranges are, so if you do canning, be sure to find out ahead of time. The new glass cost her $500!!

And that's IF you can even get new top, mine was unavailable and we had to buy a new stove. Which I do not like. My old one had an oven top and bottom. New if you want a double oven, you have to sit on the floor!!

Onebyone 12-21-2014 09:08 AM

I use spray on oven cleaner to clean my smooth top. I don't like the model I have so I don't follow the 'must not do' for it. So far nothing has happened, even using a pressure canner this summer.