Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Golden Years (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/golden-years-t274815.html)

willferg 01-22-2016 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by Up North (Post 7441190)
I have decided that the golden years were when my Children were small and preschool age and my parents were healthy and we were all independent.

Same for me. I remember moments when my kids were small when I just stopped and enjoyed the moment for all it was worth. Now I'm always worried about something; we are not lacking in challenges. I hope it can be that way again some day.

Onebyone 01-22-2016 10:16 AM

I'm think it will be when I walk the streets paved with gold. Every time of my life has had challenges and worries and I don't think any of my future time on earth will be without that. Still it's great to be healthy and loving life everyday.

ManiacQuilter2 01-22-2016 10:18 AM

I always thought it was when you didn't have to work any more and were in good health and could travel. Not golden for me since I became disable at the age of 50!

Carol34446 01-22-2016 12:14 PM

Golden day - any day you get up and read the paper and your obit is not there, is a day to treasure. My parents, my precious daughter and Dec. 1 my brother passed so they are all together in heaven. My husband has had 4 kinds of CA and is still here and while getting more feeble, is still doing OK.
Best days, when my kids were little, and while we didn't have much money (daddy was in Army) and at times stressful, they were good. I think attitude a lot to do with it.

Marni 01-22-2016 04:19 PM

Golden years are whatever years are the best of your life. I am middle aged and these are my golden years-life is sew good!

Marni 01-22-2016 04:20 PM

I love your signature! I'm extremely cool LOL

madamekelly 01-22-2016 05:19 PM

My first golden years were when my DD's were little. We made a game of finding inexpensive road trip destinations every summer. Great times. Now I am in my second golden years, now that we have two "adopted for love" grand babies living with us. We can hardly wait for spring to start looking for adventures. One favorite is going to the local Dams to learn about how they work, and how they help the fish. Best of all most of the adventures don't cost much more than gas. We are within an hour and a half of snow, cities, or the Pacific Ocean, so it should be a blast.

Seaside gal 01-22-2016 05:50 PM

My golden years were when my children were little and before my husband/their father deserted us. My parents were alive and there was so much love. I wish I could go back to that time.

Jingle 01-22-2016 06:29 PM

I think my golden years have been most of my life for one reason all or the other. Since I have outlived my four siblings, still have my Husband, kids,Grandkids and Great Grandkids and no responsibilities except for my pets, now is about as golden as it gets. When I can retire and sleep late it will get even better.

kyquiltlover1942 01-23-2016 05:04 AM

I would say that my whole life as been my golden years. Had a very lean childhood. But I never missed a meal and never did not have a roof over my head and never lacked for hugs. I have been married for 54 years to my quilting enabler. My Mother passed this morning at age 94. She joined my Father who we lost 55 years ago. I realize how lucky and blessed I was to have had her for almost 74 years.