Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Good Evening Quilters "Quilters Evening Club" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/good-evening-quilters-%22quilters-evening-club%22-t62580.html)

ganny 09-02-2010 05:19 PM

It is so hot here in Oklahoma that our plants are dying even tho we are watering. Okla got rain yesterday - it split and went around us. We were supposed to get rain tonight - it went right beside us. So tired of watering! But it is cooler.

Dee 09-02-2010 06:22 PM

Bit warm here today, 93. Now may get some rain. We need it.

smiles2you 09-02-2010 07:14 PM

Hi from Michigan...we are getting some thunder but no rain at this time... But, I was working on a quilt called Razzle Dazzle... it sure is very colorful... it has 24 different fabrics in it... everyone have a great night.

elizabeth 09-02-2010 08:03 PM

Hello CraftyCritter! (I will always call you a critter because you got me addicted to that word game)

I am working on a BOM from Connecting Threads (i think) called Moolight Dancing. It has 12 blocks (sampler style). I have made 11 and now I don't like it anymore. And I have a new thread you can get started, "what is one of your favorite quilting gadgets/notions" Since you are so good at getting things started (word game) this would be a good one.
Elizabeth

elizabeth 09-02-2010 08:05 PM

How can you type and be on a stationary bike at the same time without falling off?
Elizabeth

Ditter43 09-02-2010 08:31 PM

My DGS was here again today and I felt so lousy I didn't do much beyond taking care of him. My DH watched him this am so I could sleep in.
This evening I made a stack of copies for a paper pieced block called "Origami stars." It is a fairly simple pattern, the hardest part is keeping the colors straight in each block. It takes four blocks to make one pattern block and each one is done a little differently. I figured I would just work on one block of the pattern at a time; I will be less likely to mess it up that way. I think I am going to do it in batiks.....not sure yet. I really need to do a few Christmas projects too.
I am hoping the grand son will be able to go to day care tomorrow so I can do a little sewing. I don't feel well enough to do too much of anything. :|

Sew Krazy Girl 09-02-2010 10:57 PM

It amazes me that you ladies are on so late into the evening (night). This morning I went to JoAnn's to buy backing for two tops. I was able to layer one quilt, but the other had a ruffled border. Oooops! My fault, as I never measure. Removed the four borders and sewed them back on. Should get it layered tomorrow.

Hubby and I went to our favorite French bakery and had a coffee and cookie. It's nice to sit out under the umbrellas in the warm sunshine and just visit with each other. We also like to people-watch. When we do something that doesn't include the other (like going to JoAnn's) or he visits friends, it gives us something to talk about. You learn after you've been married a while and are retired that you have to make life interesting. It gets your creative juices flow - like quilting. Thanks.

stancilgirls 09-03-2010 05:13 AM

Earl has come and gone. Just a little rain that was desperatly needed. Yesterday I cleaned up my fall garden and planted fall vegetables. Today (after I work 4 hours, yahoo) I'm going to work on quilting a beautiful quilt for a good friend of mine who is getting married on Septmeber 18. Hope I finish it in time. It's called "Romancing in NC" from a shop hop pattern I got at a LQS in Morehead City, NC. This is my first real attempt at machine quilting, so wish me luck. She'll love it no matter what.

iltoaz 09-03-2010 06:31 AM

Well here in the desert southwest - we are at above normal for this time of year - predicted 110 for today (friday)and above normal for the week-end. I went this week and purchased (yeah I know, should stay away from the fabric store) fabric for a Halloween quilt. Can't wait to start on that.

gramquilter2 09-03-2010 09:43 AM

Not sure when this link got started but I am sitting here in ND COLD and wishing it was warm, but I guess it's about time to change the season!! I am working on a Michelle's Design collection. It uses different stitches and feet so I am learning a lot about my 4 year old machine.