Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Good Morning Ladies! what are you doing today (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/good-morning-ladies-what-you-doing-today-t169414.html)

Gramie bj 11-22-2011 09:54 AM

I have no idea why Thanksgiving is always on the 4th Thursday but it does give us a 4 day break. Extra days for family from out of town to join us. My children split thanksgiving and Christmas between grand parents this year I have both daughters and familys for Thanksgiving won't see them at Christmas , they will be with other grand parents, next year will have both for Christmas but not for Thanksgiving.

Jingle 11-22-2011 10:07 AM

I'm at work now. When I get home will work on my very scrappy quilt, need to make about 7 squares, press and trim. Tomorrow is baking day and making dressing.

Juliebelle 11-22-2011 01:40 PM

Nothing on the cutting table today have been helping husband put up outside Christmas decorations, but am going to my neighbors for our Tuesday night sewing. Will be working on some table toppers, photos to follow.

scrappy2 11-22-2011 02:55 PM

Great idea. Hope to see the finished quilt when yo get it done.

scrappy2 11-22-2011 03:12 PM

Just got home from work and wanted to check first to see what I have missed on the Board today. I better be getting to my sewing room. Were I'm working on 1 of the 3 Rag quilts for my DGS'S. The tops are blocks of some of their favorite super hero's.

leatheflea 11-22-2011 03:24 PM

Nothing on the cutting table today. I've been getting to know Jack the RIPPER, and to be honest I don't think I like him much. Then I spent a little time cleaning the Studio. I've got one I'm piecing at the DM. And a few waiting in line to be quilted by the frame. Tonight I'll be working on crocheting an afgan and laying the hand applique aside for a few days. There will be little sewing for the rest of the week due to the holiday. Bummer. But I think I'll be able to take my Crocheting or my hand applique to the family dinner.

girliegirl 11-22-2011 05:36 PM

it is sooo stupid, black friday is where you go out at weeee hours in the morning to shop deals, but it you play it right you can get them anyway, I don't go.......... I hate people around the holidays... lol they act like idiots...

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 4709774)
Some Questions from this non-Americano .....
Why is your Thanksgiving on a Thursday?
So you can have a four day weekend?
Is Friday a stat holiday?

Our Canadian Thanksgiving is a Monday. Most get a 3 day weekend, as it's a stat holiday.

QuiltE 11-27-2011 09:27 AM

Me too! .... I don't enjoy mob scenes and the TV shots always seem to look like just that. Sure, the savings would be great, but I value my life!!!!! And then to get there and discover it's gone. Not my idea of fun.

Canadian retailers have now started doing Black Friday here, to try to keep our people and their moo-la home!! Besides, I've never been convinced that the savings are there, by the time they figure their gas, hotel, food etc. as part of the tab!