Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Good Morning Ladies! what are you doing today

Blog Entries

Good Morning Ladies! what are you doing today

Ok ladies what is in store today on the cutting tables.... anything good?
    Squirrelly Shirley

Blog Entries
    I was up before children so I cut the borders to my Undercover in Houston mystery quilt. Border fabric caused much frustration. It is the large stripe from Sentimental Studios "Hannah" line. I did not relalize in the store that it is both directional and the stripes are not equally spaced. I think I finally have it cut to mitre the border correctly, but it took a lot of sketches and measurements to get there. I hope to sew this afternoon during naptime.

Bow Tucks and more Bow Tucks. Trying to get an inventory together before Christmas so I can try to sell them. I don't know whether to go on ebay and try my luck or not. The kids have said they'd take them to work so maybe that's a better option. I know I like to touch and feel something before I buy. I have six top and bottoms cut out and sew together. I need lining fabric and fleece. That's on the agenda maybe today if I get other things done.
    Debra

I am working until 4 today. (taking a little break now.) I hope to work on my "over the River" quilt when I get home. The pattern just arrived yesterday. I will start tracing the embroidery and think if I will make the blocks in the pattern or mix it up with something else.

Working on a rag quilt

I made these snow globe squares. I will blanket stitch around snow globes and then use them in a rag quilt.
    Attached Images Attached Images

The embroidery machine is running today making free standing lace icicles while I am working on some computer stuff.

mltquilt

Quote Originally Posted by mh2559 View Post
    I made these snow globe squares. I will blanket stitch around snow globes and then use them in a rag quilt.
    Now this looks interesting! ..... great start and I can't wait to see what it turns into.

Me? some FWS work
    and company coming for supper and overnight .... so some work on that front!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

I wish that I was at home - quilting or something. I have to work this week. (it's a trade-off with a co-worker). I shall just sigh deeply & keep an eye on this thread to see your progress.

Hope to work on table runners and place settings acquired from a road trip made with a good friend to Michigan. May be post pictures if/when I finish.

I'm finishing up a small wall hanging for a Jewish friend, and have started working on a lap quilt out of wolf panels for a friend, she's had a rough year.

Blog Entries
    Hearts to place on one of my rag quilts are already done-=-Now, my least favorite jobs in the whole world, especially when I have fun things to get done--bill paying and cleaning house, then back to the quilting.

Blog Entries
    Went for a long walk, came back home and now have color on my hair. will shower and then I will put together a few kits for some quilts I am dying to make.
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do"....E. Roosevelt

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

I made 3 twister wallhangings and 2 twister tablerunners last week, quilting and binding them this week.
    Diane

Blog Entries
    Going to try and get a "stack the deck" (Karla Alexander) quilt idea done.

Blog Entries
    Nothing on the cutting board for me. I have a quilt on my sewing machine begging to be finished quilting. So, I have to stop procrastinating and get to it. And finish. I will be finished by the end of the week. That way my daughters daddy can hand deliver the quilt, two matching pillows, and pillowcases when he travels up the east coast next week. All done with everything except the quilt.
    My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mh2559 View Post
    these look awesome. I can't wait to see what it all looks like finished. thanks for sharing.
    My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee

Banned
    1. Arkansas Crossroads 8" blocks for a belated wedding present
    2. Jo Morton's Harvest Snowball for handpiecing
    3. An English antique cot quilt that I had a picture of and figured out the dimensions
    4. A quilt my friend and I are calling The Hobo Quilt based on a picture in a Roberta Horton book.

2, 3 and 4 are all done in repro fabrics and it seems nuts to me to take all that fabric out and just cut for one quilt

Wish I could quilt today but with Thanksgiving 2 days away and company starting to arrive tomarrow AM early today is the last day I have to get the house ready, shopping done and extra beds made up including the one that goes in my sewing area. will have 9 extra people spending the next few nights here, 3 adults,6 kids, and 2 dogs,(I don't know if the dogs will get along, they have never meet, I know Otis does not like either dog and will spend all her time in our bedroom!LOL) some untill Monday. This will really be a shock to our lives , usualy its just DH and I. LOL

We have a very laid-back Turkey Day on tap this year. Just DH and my two little ones. My ODS suggested we have Pumpkin Pie for dinner - how is that for an easy menu idea!

On the cutting mat is a baby quilt I am in the process of quilting. I have traced 17 flowers and will FMQ them and some feathers in the borders.

Also on deck are 4 trivets I am making just for the heck of it. I took a stab at PP and needed to do something with the four basket blocks I did, and I decided to make trivets out of them and give them to my girlfriends for little Xmas gifts. They may hate them as none of them quilt, but who knows. I have several ugly trivets I can barely stand to look at, but hey, once you put the pot on top, who can tell?

The sewing will only occur if the little ones cooperate - so I stand a 50/50 chance of making it into my sewing room today.

Plus it is very windy and pouring down rain so I am watching the rain blow sideways past my window...
    Sheila N.

When Thomas Edison invented the light bulb, he tried over 2000 experiments before he got it to work. A young reporter asked him how it felt to fail so many times. He said, "I never failed once. I invented the light bulb. It just happened to be a 2000 step process."

Some Questions from this non-Americano .....
    Why is your Thanksgiving on a Thursday?
    So you can have a four day weekend?
    Is Friday a stat holiday?

Our Canadian Thanksgiving is a Monday. Most get a 3 day weekend, as it's a stat holiday.
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

I have no idea why Thanksgiving is always on the 4th Thursday but it does give us a 4 day break. Extra days for family from out of town to join us. My children split thanksgiving and Christmas between grand parents this year I have both daughters and familys for Thanksgiving won't see them at Christmas , they will be with other grand parents, next year will have both for Christmas but not for Thanksgiving.

I'm at work now. When I get home will work on my very scrappy quilt, need to make about 7 squares, press and trim. Tomorrow is baking day and making dressing.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Nothing on the cutting table today have been helping husband put up outside Christmas decorations, but am going to my neighbors for our Tuesday night sewing. Will be working on some table toppers, photos to follow.
    Juliebelle

Blog Entries
    Great idea. Hope to see the finished quilt when yo get it done.

Blog Entries
    Just got home from work and wanted to check first to see what I have missed on the Board today. I better be getting to my sewing room. Were I'm working on 1 of the 3 Rag quilts for my DGS'S. The tops are blocks of some of their favorite super hero's.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast