Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Good news to share!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/good-news-share-t278083.html)

Lyncat 04-27-2016 06:54 AM

I wanted them to call me Grammie, but the oldest called me G and it stuck. I think it's pretty cute!

jbj137 04-27-2016 08:17 AM

*** I am "GRAND"

Iraxy 04-27-2016 08:52 AM

I wanted to be called grammie but my grand daughter calls me grandma and I answer with a smile. Just to be connected to that little girl (now 13) was sheer delight. She could have called me anything and I would have answered gladly. Congratulations and enjoy.

labtechkty 04-27-2016 12:48 PM

Congrats, what wonderful news and thanks for including us...My grandson started calling me NeMa..have no idea why and it stuck, he's 8 years old now. Either name would be great!

plainpat 04-27-2016 02:40 PM

Another Grma & Grpa here.We are our Grdaughter's only Grandparents.Same with oldest Grson.
His fav name for Grpa ( when he was little) was "My Grpa" :thumbup:

Stitchnripper 04-27-2016 06:12 PM

Congrats! Being a grandparent is wonderful. We are grandma and grandpa. The youngest called us "gram" amd "pa" for a while til he got the hang of it. Funny story. I have a dear friend. Love her. She is not glamorous at all. But she has her grands call her "glammy" - it cracks me up.

Vicki1212 04-27-2016 11:56 PM

I asked to be called 'granny' because I wanted everyone to know that these gorgeous grandchildren were mine :o My husband was meant to be 'grandpa' but my eldest grandchild who is three and a half, can't pronounce it so he calls my hubby 'garpy' instead. It will probably stick! :D

Congratulations on becoming grandparents! It is the most amazing thing in the world!!!

ILoveToQuilt 05-02-2016 02:09 PM

Welcome to the most wonderful "job" in the world! Being a Grandma (me) is wonderful. I have an 18 month old GD and hopefully there will be more grands to come! Congratulations!!! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.

Sewnoma 05-03-2016 06:34 AM

I changed what I called my grandmother several times...when I was little she was "Gramma", then she became "Grandmother" when I was a pre-teen and thought I'd like to be more formal, then her name turned into "Gram" when I hit my teens because by that point I was too cool to say extra syllables. It kind of stuck at "Gram", or "Grams". She didn't seem to have a preference, she was sort of like my other mother so we had a pretty close relationship when I was little - I don't think she cared what I called her as long as I called her often! Unfortunately she passed away when I was in my 20's or I'd still be calling her!

My parents chose to go by "Oma" and "Opa" when my sister had her kids. It was really easy for the little ones to pronounce, so it has stuck very well.

My family nickname is "Blue", so the kids call me "Auntie Blue". When they were little, it came out as "Annie Boo" and I really miss that name!

zozee 05-03-2016 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by Diannia (Post 7533677)
I'm known as Nana. I picked it. When anyone (friends or people in general) call me grandma around the grands they quickly point out that I'm NOT their grandma, I'm their NANA! One granddaughter joined our family at age 5. She had trouble saying Nana Dianna so she called me Nana Fadanna. Soo cute!

Nana Fadanna!!! I just laughed out loud!!