Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   grandparents rights (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/grandparents-rights-t65929.html)

sassey 09-23-2010 01:35 PM

I am so sorry to hear of all your troubles concerning your grandchildren, I have been in the same perdictment. I used all of our savings to fight for my grandchild as he was being severley mentally abused. I quit my trucking job to provide a stable home for him, I did everything I could do and lost the case, it was so heartbreaking to have that happen. My prayers and thoughts are with you as I know you feel so hopeless. You just have to trust that god will watch over the child for you.Please keep in close contact at times it might be hard I battled a step mother that kept changing the phone number, never gave my grandchild gifts or letters I sent. I spent a lot of time crying and praying. When he was 15 he got to come visit me and I refused to send him back home. and they didn't fight me I was able to keep him untill he turned 18. It was well worth the fight. I will pray for you and the kids and that mom will do the right thing

buffy2 09-23-2010 04:34 PM

I am so sorry. grandchildren are so special. I have 3 and get to see them twice a year, talk to them every week. My prayers will be with you
Ada

Jingle 09-23-2010 04:38 PM

I had a daughter similar to yours, I ate a lot of crap to see oldest Granddaughter, when she turned 18, she moved in with us, 5 yr.s now. She doesn't want to ever see her Mom again. She went through much mistreatment from Mom & Step-Dad, he made good money, didn't want to waste any on DGD, Mom the same way, DGD had to do most of what Mom should have done around the house, Mom did anything but housework. Mom decided to get on illegal drugs, other 2 kids belong to Step-Dad, he has custody, we now have a good relationship but, I don't forget, DGD doesn't either.
Good luck, no Grandparent rights here either. Lots of kids end up like this, you were a glorified babysitter and provided her with a home to live in. When a loser came by she ditched you and oldest Son for him. Not much of a Mother in my humble opinion.

Olivia's Grammy 09-24-2010 10:11 AM

My heart goes out to you and the children. Our DGD only lives 90 minutes away and we usually see her every other week end. I can not begin to imagine not seeing her. As someone else suggested talk to Jesus. He will listen when no one else does.

Dee 09-24-2010 08:09 PM

My heart goes out to you.

GailG 09-26-2010 09:31 AM

I haven't read the whole thread yet, but my heart is so heavy thinking about those little children separated from each other. Moving a family is one thing, but splitting up the children is inhuman. I am so sad for the children. And yes, we grandmas certainly have to carry it in our hearts. I am praying for these children and you.

Dora 09-26-2010 10:03 AM

Oh i feel for you, some laywers will talk with you for free and tell you if anything can be done; i hope that they decide to stay, i know when My daughter told me they might be moving to Ohio i was just shocked and i started praying,
well they are here still , I will add you and the family to my prayer list
HUGS Dora

p 09-26-2010 04:54 PM

Check with social services for free legal aid or social security.