Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Gray printing! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/gray-printing-t286625.html)

pennycandy 03-07-2017 06:28 PM

It isn't only printed materials or text on tv. Do not get me started on the tiny print on the microwave keyboard.

The knobs on my stove have a very light grey line to identify how high or low the heat is. I can't see it and have to remember which side of the knob was on off before I turned the burner on. I hate it and think it's a safety hazard. Thank goodness there is a click when I turn it to the off position.

QuiltnLady1 03-07-2017 07:55 PM

I can say I agree with everyone. Some web sites use print so small that I go up 150% (if you are using IE, in the lower right corner there is a down arrow that you can click on to adjust the print). Of course, when I go to a site with normal print I have to re-adjust. The worst one for me is the bank --so tiny. I have given up trying to see the date on the watch (I swear it keeps shrinking). I got one .pdf that I could not increase large enough to read.

GailG 03-08-2017 04:10 AM

Amen! to this! (I should have clicked on reply with quote :o) I'm referring to dunster's post about dark print over black and mumbling on TV.

Geri B 03-08-2017 05:06 AM

And it gets worse.......printed info on vitamin/otc drugs....and sometimes even packaged/boxed semi prepared food....I have resorted to a hand held magnifying glass to read some instructions/information......

misspriss 03-08-2017 05:14 AM

Not only do they need to quit mumbling, but slow down.

Sew Freak 03-08-2017 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by dunster (Post 7779477)
i think all of our eyes are getting weaker, and publications should realize that. What bothers me most is when they print red on black. Or sometimes even purple on black! And of course it's always small print. (and don't get me started on the muttering on tv. Speak up, people!)

a r t i c u l a t e !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

Kitsie 03-08-2017 10:11 AM

Except for the commercials!! (muttering)

farmquilter 03-08-2017 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by quiltsRfun (Post 7779480)
Here! Here! Also loud background music that drowns out the dialogue.

I thought it was just me, it drives me crazy trying to hear the voices.

NanaCsews2 03-08-2017 12:34 PM

All my pet peeves too. Not to mention the weather people on local tv stations standing in front of our state when telling us the weather.

nlgh 03-08-2017 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by nativetexan (Post 7779539)
he, he. i was having trouble reading white subtitles on light bkground the other day and my son went into Menu and enlarged the picture on the screen. it actually helped a bit. i still prefer them on black and wish they would put them at the top of the screen rather than cover the action. Same with news banners on the bottom. put on the top please!

I hear you!!!! I also agree about the banners at the bottom of the screen, too.

I agree with the other complaints, too, about the gray lettering and red (and other colors) on black. I have had cataract surgery 3 years ago and find I need brighter light than before surgery, too.