Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Gretal should be my new name! Or PigPen? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/gretal-should-my-new-name-pigpen-t228061.html)

alwayslearning 08-16-2013 07:54 AM

Just one more thing we have in common!

crafty pat 08-16-2013 08:09 AM

My DH was just saying yesterday that he has to follow me around picking up my sewing junk that I track around. I told him to leave it for me to clean up but he said if he did I would just track it from room to room. I told him I did not know how I got along when he worked and was not around the house all day. Now that he has retired he just does not have enough to do.

nativetexan 08-16-2013 08:28 AM

Yep, I find myself picking threads and cat hair off in the parking lot before entering a store to shop!

Edie 08-17-2013 02:56 AM

Originally Posted by barny (Post 6237174)
I find strings on my washed and dried clothes. What I'm wearing. My dish cloths The floor, everywhere.

My mother (96-3/4) died on July 25 and we had one of her quilts covering a table with her picture, the urn and a bouquet of flowers from us three daughters. One of her friends said "There's a thread on the quilt" and proceeded to try to pick it off. I said "Just leave it there. Mom had puzels (pronounced poozels - German word or my mother's family's name for little threads left somewere) all over where she sewed, not to mention her clothes and sometimes I would find one in her hair. That puzel was probably, to me and my sisters) the most revealing part of my mother's life and it was a light colored thread against a square of dark fabric. What a way to enter Heaven. My great grandmother taught my grandmother to quilt; my grandmother taught my mother to quilt; and Mom taught her three daughters to quilt. I'll miss her forever. Edie

Retired Fire Chief 08-17-2013 04:10 AM

Cute! I worry about the dog hair and sand the dogs track in, I built with only hardwood and tiled floors because I will always have a mass of fur balls, but then I think life is so short, it doesn't hurt anyone to put off vacuuming until tomorrow. Just tell anyone who stops by to just kick the hairballs out of the way!

lclang 08-17-2013 04:22 AM

My husband tracks me by the trail of pins!

janRN 08-17-2013 04:42 AM

Edie, what a lovely story!! And I agree with you--the thread was a message from mom.

roserips 08-17-2013 08:51 AM

Hey it is better to have bits of thread and fabric than as my girl friend put it her husband was a slug she could always tell what he did during the day by the debris he left behind, dirty dishes, candy wrappers, pop cans, cigarette butts, scraps of paper. I like our threads they tell a story of love and caring.

seasaw2mch 08-17-2013 09:32 AM

OMG this is so funny but a few weeks ago I had to go buy some new socks because I don't wear shoes most of the time and just wore holes in the bottoms of all mine.
These new sock were ridiculous I had to throw them away. Some I didn't even wear yet, but the darn things picked up every string, thread and spare fabric part that fell on the floor. I washed them, then pick at hem and still could not get the threads off the socks, I comb them and brushed them. Even used a brush for pulling off lint, they just wouldn't let go of all those bits and pieces. They looked like they never saw a washing machine in their whole life so they had to go.

Now I'm perfectly happy with the all cotton socks that leave the cleaning to the vacuum.

pdriggs 08-17-2013 10:12 AM

I am just lucky I guess. We have a large, old yellow lab and some large area rugs in our downstairs; near my sewing room. My husband is color blind, and does not seem to know the difference between the dog hair and my sewing projects!