Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   grrr (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/grrr-t59384.html)

katiebear1 08-14-2010 11:39 AM

Dogone hot flashes! Everytime I think I am done with them. they return with a vengence!Have central AC but I am still burning up and sweating like crazy. Just venting here, get no sympathy from DH.

patricej 08-14-2010 12:03 PM

treat yourself to a mood swing.

then you can return the favor of no sympathy. :lol:

emt2004 08-14-2010 12:14 PM

Same here, I am always sweating. I hate it, it's been 11 years and still get them. I get them worse if I drink cold drinks, chocolate and spagetti sauce...............

Tink's Mom 08-14-2010 12:21 PM

Next hot flash, go to the freezer and just open it and fan yourself with the door.....it feels soooooo gooood. ;-)

DebraK 08-14-2010 12:26 PM

been there done that. It will get better, honest.

lynnie 08-14-2010 12:32 PM

o.k., so i get hot all over, it's not a flash it last for about 45 min to 2 hrs, and i'm burning up, is it a hot flash or is it my sugar doing weird things, i', diabetic

CoyoteQuilts 08-14-2010 12:44 PM

katiebear1, I was going through this for over a year really bad. When it first started I used Black Cohash and that helped, but then stopped...... I recently started taking B complex with Vit C for energy and the side effect=====no more hot flashes! They come back if I forget to take it for a couple days, so I know it is the B that is helping. Don't know if that will help you or not. I just buy the store brand..... I don't like the side effects of hormone replacements so would suffer with the hot flashes if that is was the only medicine that would control them. Good luck!

katiebear1 08-14-2010 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by emt2004
Same here, I am always sweating. I hate it, it's been 11 years and still get them. I get them worse if I drink cold drinks, chocolate and spagetti sauce...............

It has been 6 years since I had a total hysterectomy and I was having them for at least 3 years before that. My sister is having the same hard time . But I remember my Mom said it was "no big deal" when she went through it of course she was of the generation that said "that's just a woman's lot in life, so shut up about it" LOL

katiebear1 08-14-2010 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Tink's Mom
Next hot flash, go to the freezer and just open it and fan yourself with the door.....it feels soooooo gooood. ;-)

In the winter I go stand outside on my deck especially when I get the night sweats. It Does feel really good.

emt2004 08-14-2010 01:06 PM

It's been 11 years for me & still get them. When people see me fanning myself they say, "there she goes again, those hot flashes". At work I sit in front of a fan, they all laugh at me.........Michele