Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Halloween oh no! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/halloween-oh-no-t64205.html)

littlehud 09-11-2010 05:57 PM

It's one of my favorite candies too. Sooooo good.

dotcomdtcm 09-11-2010 06:05 PM

How about those little cider jugs? In the mixed ones!

Carol's Quilts 09-11-2010 07:55 PM

I'm diabetic and can't have any of it. A couple pieces wouldn't hurt but who can do that? Boo Hoo !

Sadiemae 09-11-2010 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Carol's Quilts
I'm diabetic and can't have any of it. A couple pieces wouldn't hurt but who can do that? Boo Hoo !

It is really hard when you are diabetic.
I won't be eating any either. You can't eat this kind of sugar with a tooth broken in half. Ask me how I know this...

Alice Woodhull 09-12-2010 04:16 AM

Mix candy corn with peanuts and you will have the taste of Payday. Don't eat the whole bag at a time. You may end up like me and have diabetes. I used to love it, and still do, but a taste will do me now.

Dodee 09-12-2010 05:21 AM

Oh, my - that candy corn was always my Father's favorite.
Wayyyy too much sugar for me - I'm diabetic, BUT, I do sneak in one or two pieces.

Dodee 09-12-2010 05:22 AM

Barb of Vermont - they also have Christmas items out. I don't know why they just don't leave them out year 'round, which they probably will - some day.

CarrieAnne 09-12-2010 06:24 AM

Its not my favorite, but I have been buying WAY more candy lately, since its ALL OVER, saying "Buy me!"
Chocolate is my weakness....NOT the dark, good for you chocolate either, the BAD stuff with a billion calories......YUM!

luvTooQuilt 09-12-2010 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by diannemc
Halloween is a bad time to be quilting..or sewing...I just love candy corn! It is my favorite candy in the whole world! I only by it this time of the year....I can eat a whole bag while I am sewing or hand quilting...I am trying so hard not to buy a bag but so hard to resist!!! :lol:

OMG!!! I am a huge nut for candy corn, I buy bags & bags of candy corn because its so seasonal.. Ill have as many as 12 bags in my house!!!!! and if and when I find it on the clearance after Halloween, OMG Ill take it all..

However....

I recently found out that Bass Pro has them year round !!!!! WHOO HOO !!!, so now I don't have to buy gobs & gobs at once anymore... LOL

flybreit 09-12-2010 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by diannemc
Halloween is a bad time to be quilting..or sewing...I just love candy corn! It is my favorite candy in the whole world! I only by it this time of the year....I can eat a whole bag while I am sewing or hand quilting...I am trying so hard not to buy a bag but so hard to resist!!! :lol:

Yummmm - try it mixed half and half with peanuts. There's a little nutritional value that way so you can justify indulging :D