Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Hancock Fabrics closing all stores (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/hancock-fabrics-closing-all-stores-t277330.html)

Prism99 04-01-2016 11:06 PM

Hancock Fabrics closing all stores

:( Just saw a message on one of my groups, so Googled.

ManiacQuilter2 04-02-2016 08:45 AM

Yes, there have been numerous posts about the stores closing posted here too.

willferg 04-02-2016 03:50 PM

I just found out today that ALL of the stores are closing; previously I had read that just some were closing. That's sad…hate to see a fabric store close!

slbram17 04-02-2016 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by willferg (Post 7512615)
I just found out today that ALL of the stores are closing; previously I had read that just some were closing. That's sad…hate to see a fabric store close!

It is sad. They had over 200 stores and over 4000 employees. A major fabric competitor is now gone. Sold to a liquidator, and all the assets are being sold off in Going out of business sales. A shame. I will miss Hancocks.

Anniedeb 04-02-2016 10:16 PM

That is so sad. There is one by me, but their going out of business "sale" has been really slow to get going! 30 - 40% off, with a minimum 2 yard cut. Some other things are a deeper discount. I've bought several patterns, and a rotating mat, and some great deals on buttons. I'll have to check out the other store that is near by... I was there last week and they had not started any sales!

BETTY62 04-02-2016 11:31 PM

I will miss shopping there.

SandyWh 04-03-2016 01:15 AM

Oh that is a shame.

DebbieJJ 04-03-2016 02:50 AM

Oh no! My Hancock's was one of the ones that wasn't being closed. We only have a Hobby Lobby and one LQS (with limited fabrics, as it is mainly a sewing machine and quilting machine dealer) besides the Hancocks. Good thing I have a wonderful stash!

Onebyone 04-03-2016 06:48 AM

The last few times I was in a Hancock Fabric store I left without buying anything. The fabric was not good quality and the notions were over priced. I remember when the store was a great place to shop, but over the last decade it has lost the quality. I think I read another company bought out the inventory of Hancock Fabric.

Chasing Hawk 04-03-2016 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone (Post 7513112)
The last few times I was in a Hancock Fabric store I left without buying anything. The fabric was not good quality and the notions were over priced. I remember when the store was a great place to shop, but over the last decade it has lost the quality. I think I read another company bought out the inventory of Hancock Fabric.

The last couple of times my husband and I went in to our local Hancocks we felt uncomfortable. Several staff members kept giving us the eye and one followed us around as if we were going to steal something. I think they changed Managers recently the store has a heavy foreboding feel about it. It's a shame too, besides JoAnn's we have Hobby Lobby and few LQS around.
I prefer JoAnn's anyways, for me it's like Norm walking into Cheers. Everyone says Hello!......lol