Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Happy Thanksgiving! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/happy-thanksgiving-t257419.html)

Macybaby 11-27-2014 12:27 PM

Happy Thanksgiving from South Dakota!

I cooked up a very large meal for me and DH - and now I'm done cooking for the weekend. We'll have leftovers until we are sick of turkey - then the outside cats will get what is left of the bird.

I'm giving my White 670 a workout today - sewing about 100 yards of ribbon on the vestments I volunteered to make for the chapel at the school where I work. Four colors, four sizes . . . in my mind that as 16 and very doable. What I missed was the "three of each size" part :) They are quite fun - ribbon shirts using batik fabric. AND I get to keep all the scraps - cream, green, purple and red. A great addition to stash!

Glenn 11-27-2014 01:01 PM

Happy Thanksgiving from Huntsville, Alabama (Rocket City, USA)
Skip, to full of turkey to write much today....

Stitchnripper 11-27-2014 02:19 PM

Happy thanksgiving everyone! We are waiting for a flight to visit the grands in puyallup. Happily alaska airlines has a direct flight from new Orleans. A little drive from home but the direct flight is worth it. We will have our thanksgiving meal tomorrow.

costumegirl 11-27-2014 02:29 PM

Happy Thanksgiving to all US friends from southern Ontario :)

We have a big tradition here at our house every year at this time where all of our male family members plus a few of their friends all come to stay for a few days. They all get up early Thanksgiving Day to go to the Detroit Lions game - I'm the "on call" designated driver & Yes they won today!!!! Go Lions!!

liking quilting 11-27-2014 02:37 PM

Happy thanksgiving from a very cold and deep snowy Winnebago Minnesota. Got close to a foot of snow yesterday, very cold temps. today, but the turkey & ham dinner warmed us up!

GailG 11-27-2014 11:38 PM

Well, it's no longer Thanksgiving Day and is now Black Friday. After the big Cajun turkey meal, these two parents/grandparents/great-grands came back home at 3 PM to the quiet (and the football games for DH). I had a long winter's nap of almost 3 hours. So here I sit at 1:35 in the AM. I've done my laundry, etc:thumbup:. I hope all had a great day with family and/or friends. Our complete immediate family was together except for one son (who had visited earlier in the morning).

Sewnoma 11-28-2014 06:49 AM

Happy Thanksgiving! We had just a small dinner with myself, DH & my father-in-law, which is our normal tradition. Brother-in-law and his new wife will be in town Monday, we'll do a second "Thanksgiving" dinner at a restaurant with them. (We'll travel and visit with my side of the family and DH's Mom & Gran on Christmas Eve.)

Today I'm working as usual, weird to see so much traffic on the road at 5:30 and so many shops with all their lights on! Usually I pretty much have the whole town to myself at that hour, LOL.

Dodee 11-28-2014 08:44 AM

I'll repeat the same phrase: HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL OUR VIEWERS. i WISH this to all families and hope everyone got together and also thanked God for our blessings.
Dodee

Champanier 11-28-2014 09:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I'm thankful for all my new QB friends.

Had a nice day yesterday at my daughter's house in Connecticut - two out of three kids' families - one daughter's family lives in Colorado, so we just had the East coast bunch. Here's the gang (that's me in back)![ATTACH=CONFIG]500389[/ATTACH]

Stitchnripper 11-28-2014 09:44 AM

Beautiful family! It's fun to see who we are. We are having our family dinner today.