Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Has anyone else been watching that Craft Wars show? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/has-anyone-else-been-watching-craft-wars-show-t195018.html)

DonnaC 07-18-2012 09:25 AM

Has anyone else been watching that Craft Wars show?

I was so excited to learn that this show was coming on the air... finally a show about crafters! Something with so much promise. I was looking forward to seeing the crafters/artists given a bunch of supplies and using them in unusual ways, making (hopefully) beautiful things.

Well, I've watched for three episodes now, and I'm giving up. The challenges are SO stupid. The stuff they are making is beyond horrid and ugly. The judges are so over-the-top and their comments are so scripted (it's obvious to me that somebody is actually behind the scenes writing the lines they are saying in their critiques, which are supposedly off-the-cuff). They blast the crafters for using glue guns and glitter ... then in the next challenge, they ask why they did not use glue guns and glitter! Are you kidding me?!

Like I said, this show could have been GREAT and I'm very disappointed in how it's being handled. Just my humble opinion, of course!

nygal 07-18-2012 09:34 AM

I watched one episode and it isn't for me. I pass on this show.

judy363905 07-18-2012 09:37 AM

Have not heard of Crft Show Wars... do not think I missed anything... LOL.... thank you for the heads up..I can better use my quilting time.. right..

Judy in Phx, AZ

suebee 07-18-2012 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by DonnaC (Post 5375235)
I was so excited to learn that this show was coming on the air... finally a show about crafters! Something with so much promise. I was looking forward to seeing the crafters/artists given a bunch of supplies and using them in unusual ways, making (hopefully) beautiful things.

Well, I've watched for three episodes now, and I'm giving up. The challenges are SO stupid. The stuff they are making is beyond horrid and ugly. The judges are so over-the-top and their comments are so scripted (it's obvious to me that somebody is actually behind the scenes writing the lines they are saying in their critiques, which are supposedly off-the-cuff). They blast the crafters for using glue guns and glitter ... then in the next challenge, they ask why they did not use glue guns and glitter! Are you kidding me?!

Like I said, this show could have been GREAT and I'm very disappointed in how it's being handled. Just my humble opinion, of course!

Hilarious!!! yes, when I saw this show for the first time...I thought..hmmmmm...this is really the lamest show on TV today. Ive been a crafter forever and I think this is the most ridiculous thing Ive seen. So cheezy.

burchquilts 07-18-2012 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by nygal (Post 5375256)
I watched one episode and it isn't for me. I pass on this show.

Same here. I don't even think I lasted the whole episode. It's pathetic!

nativetexan 07-18-2012 01:33 PM

nope, didn't appeal to me.

AFQSinc 07-18-2012 01:59 PM

I finally got a chance to see it. I watched half of an episode the first time, a portion of a second episode and then a full complete third episode. I didn't like it at all. I didn't think the challenges (or at least the ones that I saw) were realistic. On the full episode that I watched the final challenge was the crafters had to make a playhouse out of school supplies. The comments seemed canned yet totally random,( i.e., not consistently reviewing each component of each project in the same manner), at the same time. I don't see the show lasting very long.

suern3 07-18-2012 02:25 PM

I don't even like the adds for that craft show. And I am really tired of everything having to be a competition like so many of the cooking shows now. Who really cares have fast someone can cook ingredients that no one has heard of or would really want to eat. Apparently there is too much TV air time available. Thanks for bringing this up and letting me vent. I'm not usually such a crab:)

ptquilts 07-18-2012 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by suern3 (Post 5375809)
I don't even like the adds for that craft show. And I am really tired of everything having to be a competition like so many of the cooking shows now. Who really cares have fast someone can cook ingredients that no one has heard of or would really want to eat. Apparently there is too much TV air time available. Thanks for bringing this up and letting me vent. I'm not usually such a crab:)

Boy, you said it. Too many channels and too much time. And the "reality" shows are cheap to produce. And it shows.

Susanna10 07-18-2012 03:35 PM

Started watching one show and changed channel. Stupid