Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Has anyone ever found a comfortable bra? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/has-anyone-ever-found-comfortable-bra-t125255.html)

Airwick156 05-23-2011 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom
When I get home at night and come to the point in the evening when I know I'm no longer going out in public, the bra comes off. Usually while I'm watching TV. Hubby dear loves these moments and as soon as he sees the bra make it's escape from under my shirt he says "thunk ..... thunk". Funny ... I never say that when he takes off his shorts :) (I know - TMI!!!)

Bras. Hate them. Need them. Kinda like jobs.

my Dh always says "release the HOUNDS"...right...love you too honey....sigh

I think that would cause me to have to "HIT" the hubby.

DA Mayer 05-23-2011 07:39 PM

I found one but it is a sleeping bra and doesn't give much support, it is very nice especially if you are lying in bed! I hate the underwire that is so high in the middle you almost stub your nose when you bend over.

dixiechunk 05-23-2011 07:40 PM

Simple answer...NO. They were invented by men to make our lives miserable.

Peckish 05-23-2011 07:49 PM

I hate underwires. Hate, hate, hate them. My fave bra is from Lane Bryant, I've been wearing them for about 10 years now. When they get old, they start riding up in the back and that's how I know it's time to get new ones!
http://www.lanebryant.com/sexy-plus-...at=4044%406000
(the picture is kind of weird - the bra on the model looks WAY more saggy than it looks in real life.)

ps DogHouseMom - I was HOWLING with laughter!!!

Jim 05-23-2011 08:01 PM

Thankfully I've never had the need...lol

icon17 05-23-2011 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by lorli
I've been wearing them for 40 years (OMG am I that old?)and have never found a really comfortable one. Years ago I even went to a special bra store (Rigby and Peller in London, corsetiere to the Queen!) to be fitted. What an experience, I will never forget the saleslady who had a chest like the prow of a battleship who burst into the fitting room and embarrassed me half to death! Even those bras were uncomfortable.

Recently I read about the Bra-lelujah (sp?) and it sounded so great so I splashed out on one, what a disappointment. It is ugliest bra I ever saw - a horrible color like old nylons (in England they called that color "American Tan" - ugh) and the seems are so poorly finished. It gives no support and, worst of all, the back rides up and is so uncomfortable. I was driving and kept having to take one hand off the wheel to yank it back down. There is no way to adjust the fit as it has no fastenings: the instructions that came with it said to step into it, after dragging it over my big hips its no wonder it has no support!

Any ideas, anyone? I can't bear underwires or, worse, those seamless molded cups that look like styrofoam coffee cups.

[I just realised that I have revealed more than anyone wants to know!]

Yes!!!
:lol: The one you DON'T wear!!!! :lol: My favrite kind!! I was lets say well could put 'Dolly' to Shame :oops: :roll: And Had mine put under control!! you could say!! So have Decided that I only Wear one of Those "Horse Halters" if I go to Church, Dr, a Funeral (not mine) Its right up there with shav'in my legs :!: :lol:

julia58 05-23-2011 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by Marty K
dog house mom, yoou should be a writer!!!! Loved your message......this is an hilarious conversation!!! Love it!

I agree!!! And I will add to the discussion. I have tried the Breezies on QVC. And love them. They are very comfortable.

SYLVIA HACKE 05-23-2011 08:40 PM

I hate brawa, and the person that designed them, (must have been a man) same way with pantyhose i hate them to. but of can not do without them darn. anyway i buy 18hr braw's but have recently lost 20+lbs and can not find a smaller size in them i like the wider straps they do not cut into your sholders.

Rose_P 05-23-2011 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by Nanamoms
Every time I find one that fits well and is confortable, the style is discontinued. So back to searching. (sigh)

This has been my experience, too. It drives me nuts. They do the same thing with lipstick. They know that once you wear the bra or the lipstick you are stuck with it, and if you don't like it you'll go out and buy another. If you could find exactly the one you like every time sales would decline.

We all need to be liberated again. Why do we get stuck with stuff that makes us uncomfortable? Just say "NO!" (You all go first - I'm chicken, alas.) :oops:

Jim's Gem 05-23-2011 09:09 PM

This has been too funny!!!
I have been wearing "Godiva" bra's. Unfortunately they are underwire and they cost about 50 - 60 each. Comfortable???? Not really, I too get them off as soon as I can in the evenings!!!