Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Has Anyone Seen The Documentary Three Identical Strangers? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/has-anyone-seen-documentary-three-identical-strangers-t302850.html)

SusieQOH 02-07-2019 03:37 PM

Has Anyone Seen The Documentary Three Identical Strangers?

Wow, I was blown away by it.

It's on Prime as a pay movie but it's also been running on CNN.

Anniedeb 02-07-2019 04:22 PM

I did see it. It is a story of reunion, but one of deep sadness and tragedy also. I had learned of them when they first reunited, so was interested to see it on CNN. I'm glad that Yale? finally is releasing some information that has been locked up. Scary what went on, and scary that there may be others out there just like them! Hope they can find peace and reconciliation.

CookieZenmilk 02-07-2019 04:26 PM

I watched it on your recommendation and it is a fascinating story.

Boston1954 02-07-2019 08:12 PM

My, that title sounds fascinating. I hope I get to see it sometime.

sewbizgirl 02-07-2019 08:33 PM

Adult triplets reunited?

WMUTeach 02-08-2019 04:32 AM

I have not seen it but have heard interviews and then reviews of the movie. I was interested because this is a topic that comes up in my child development classes. May have to work this movie into my plans for the class along with Won't You Be My Neighbor that is all about Mr. Rogers. Another excellent movie that got little attention.

SusieQOH 02-08-2019 06:19 AM

Yes, it is fascinating, tragic, and was very unethical. Scary, really. Such beautiful boys! They eventually got some of the sealed documents from Yale but they were heavily censored because of other subjects in the study. I have a feeling they didn't get anything of value.

Re: Fred Rogers- I want to see that one too. He was a wonderful human being!!

Cookie- glad you enjoyed it.

Pam S 02-08-2019 07:42 AM

Having served on the IRB (Institutional Review Board)of a hospital where we had to review all studies using human subjects, the idea that they would use these children and their families without informed consent made me cringe. No university would authorize such unethical treatment of children today. It also made me wonder what we might be doing today that will upset society in 40 years as our understanding of ethics and mores changes.

Stitchnripper 02-08-2019 07:59 AM

Agree with you Pam S. I've been involved with IRBs too. It was a tragic story. Started out sweet and then took that turn.

ekuw 02-08-2019 09:24 AM

Yes, I was blown away by it too! I don't think it could happen today, but the fact that it wasn't really that long ago is quite shocking actually. This is my cynicism showing, but there is a lot that goes on by corporations/government that we have no clue about. The fact that this came to light by sheer coincidence is amazing.