Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Have to vent (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/have-vent-t108619.html)

dpparris 03-18-2011 07:26 AM

Thinking I may lose my mind today..oops to late its already gone!
Mail order drug company calls Monday and tell me that the name brand is NOT avalible, but they can send generic, I tell them we get generic all the time. then they call on Thursday to say one med is not available in generic until the 30th (have enough until next tu...esday) but, they can send name brand. Generic is $25.00 for 3 month supply, name brand is $3,178.06 for 3 month supply, do you want us to send it? Not NO but, Hell NO. Have to call the Doctor and get them to phone it in to the drug store to get generic.

Sadiemae 03-18-2011 07:27 AM

A little expensive, don't you think!!!

Grama Lehr 03-18-2011 07:30 AM

GEEZE!! I wonder why there is such a HUGE mark up??? :shock:

amandasgramma 03-18-2011 07:33 AM

I see the same markup on some of my meds. Rediculous. I get Advair....costs almost $200. a month. Went to Mexico...got 3 months supply for $6.00!!!!!!!!! and yes, it's the SAME thing!

BETTY62 03-18-2011 07:40 AM

I feel for you. I hate it that we have to use mail order to get medicine when the drug store is just down the street. But, with the price difference what real choice do we have.

suebee 03-18-2011 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by dpparris
Thinking I may lose my mind today..oops to late its already gone!
Mail order drug company calls Monday and tell me that the name brand is NOT avalible, but they can send generic, I tell them we get generic all the time. then they call on Thursday to say one med is not available in generic until the 30th (have enough until next tu...esday) but, they can send name brand. Generic is $25.00 for 3 month supply, name brand is $3,178.06 for 3 month supply, do you want us to send it? Not NO but, Hell NO. Have to call the Doctor and get them to phone it in to the drug store to get generic.

That is such a rip off! I hate these drug companies. There is no reason they need to mark up 300-400%, it is outlandish!!!

marknfran 03-18-2011 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by amandasgramma
I see the same markup on some of my meds. Rediculous. I get Advair....costs almost $200. a month. Went to Mexico...got 3 months supply for $6.00!!!!!!!!! and yes, it's the SAME thing!

Advair!! We get it from Canadian source at $31.00 each. Still better than the $200 they want here!!! Wish I could mail to Mexico!!!

emerald46 03-18-2011 08:34 AM

We had friends' parents several years ago who went to Mexico like 4 times a year to buy drugs for themselves and friends. Same containers, same everything, could not bleieve how much money they saved. Drug companies are making a fortune on anyone with chronic problems needing drugs or supplies.

terri bb 03-18-2011 08:35 AM

yup yup things are so expensive anymore!! had to let son's healthy connections drop so that the job corps he wants in to this summer will accept his application...its in toppenish and if you are on the idaho healthy connections you can only go to the one in idaho which does not offer the courses he wants to take...and omG ritalin is expensive even the generic!!

blossom808 03-18-2011 08:39 AM

DANG, Sorry for your misshap.