Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Have you ever said "where are my glasses?" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/have-you-ever-said-where-my-glasses-t183897.html)

Joset 03-25-2012 05:03 AM

great idea. i am always looking for mine.

Yooper32 03-26-2012 05:24 AM

I have three prs. since my cataract operations, since I only need them for reading/close work now. One pr. resides in my purse, hopefully, so I can see what the bottles, labels say when I get to the store. The other two are like bad children, they hide when I need them for sewing, computering or doing embroidery while watching tv. I spend more time looking for them than doing what I wanted them for.

zennia 03-26-2012 07:30 AM

I've said it many a time. You came up with a cute idea.

star619 03-26-2012 09:32 AM

I always lose mine, & , then, when I pass by a mirror, there they are....on top of my head!LOL

lisajane 03-26-2012 10:52 AM

I feel your pain! I had great vision, then one morning after 40 I woke up blind as a bat. I have so many cheater's setting all over the house. I probably need to get the REAL glasses, but I just don't want to commit yet to full time glasses. As long as my cheater's cheat, I'll stick with that. But I will say I constantly have them atop my head, up and down, up and down, up and down is what I do when I need them, I am 47.....I suppose when I hit the big 5-0, I might commit.

BarbaraSue 03-26-2012 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Glenda m (Post 5088625)
And I thought I was the only one that had glasses by the bed, in the sewing room, at my computer, in the living room and a fold up pair in my pocket. Now I can tell my DH that like the sewing machines I seem to keep finding, yes, I need glasses in every room. HAHAHA

I seem to have the your "problem" too. So like you I have glasses in each room and each bag I carry plus the car (!), and I keep finding sewing machines too. I really don't thnk what we have is a disease at all. Seems very normal to me! LOL

mrspete 03-26-2012 12:51 PM

This is a beautiful idea. And to answer your question in the title - Gracious YES, 1047 times aday!

kat112000 03-26-2012 12:55 PM

Great solution, but I don't think my hubby with wear a cute broach!!! LOL!! He is horrible with his readers!! When we went on our cruise I am sure people thought he was illiterate!!! I was having to read him the menu all the time!!!

petlover 03-26-2012 05:10 PM

Really cool idea. I presume that you used a ponytail band and a pin. That way you can have a different on every day and can change colors to match your outfit. Brilliant!

Damsel in DisDress 03-26-2012 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by kat112000 (Post 5092289)
Great solution, but I don't think my hubby with wear a cute broach!!! LOL!! He is horrible with his readers!! When we went on our cruise I am sure people thought he was illiterate!!! I was having to read him the menu all the time!!!

I laughed so hard! Poor guy! Maybe if you buy him a "MANLY" Pin! LOL!