Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Have you ever..... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/have-you-ever-t217666.html)

thimblebug6000 03-29-2013 07:04 AM

Just here in my family room alone.... a wall hanging of house swap blocks above my computer...a 3D sunflower wallhanging beside the sliding glass doors with a quilt rack below that has 2 quilts visible on it, the back of the recliner has a quilt on it, the back of the wooden rocker has a quilted back pillow and a folded quilt on the seat, a wallhanging above the gas fireplace, and a seasonal wallhanging beside the loveseat, whew! (and that's all just in this one room)

leaha 03-29-2013 08:10 AM

for years as soon as I made a quilt it found a home with a friend or family member,after I got lots of practice, (LOL) some quilts started to stick around, must have around 40 scattered around the house just now. Several tops to be quilted, and many many more in the planing stage. You can never have to many quilts, LOL

michelleoc 03-29-2013 12:31 PM

The neighbors are always laughing at me when I walk the dog. My clothes are full of thread and they know what I've been doing!

LenaBeena 03-29-2013 01:19 PM

You could always just ask nicely. Maybe "I can never seem to find a place to put all my quilts, where do you put yours?" or something similar.

Dolphyngyrl 03-29-2013 04:37 PM

you dont see any in mine unless they are on top of the bedspread, so doesn't completely seem odd unless your keeping hundreds of quilts

DogHouseMom 03-29-2013 04:55 PM

I have threads-a-plenty ... floor, me, clothes, even the dog will wear an occasional thread ...

... but not a quilt in sight in my house!!!

So far every single quilt I made has been given away.

quiltingfan 03-29-2013 07:07 PM

I noticed in church the other day my husband had a thread hanging off his shirt sleeve. He is the pastor. LOL...

Nammie to 7 03-29-2013 08:38 PM

I give away many of my quilts but the quilts I keep are used - I have them over the backs of chairs, couches, on the beds and on a quilt rack. I like seeing quilts in my home.

lots2do 03-30-2013 12:28 AM

That just makes her a different kind of quilter...thank goodness we aren't all the same!
My mother drilled into my head that it was vain to display one's own artwork in one's own home. Pretty stifling but really, my biggest deal is making things just for us and finishing. I do have one wallhanging up..that I made for her and took back after she passed away...

earthwalker 03-30-2013 01:34 AM

I don't have any close friends/family who quilt...so I'm the "lone ranger". Plenty of evidence of my obsession here....waggas, quilts and stitched items abound (we have pets so the sofas and chairs are covered in quilts/blankets as they are allowed on the furniture).The coffee table nearest to my spot has a bowl with sewing notions and a box containing my latest projects...and as for threads...even the pets have been known to carry them about.:)