Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Have you read a good (fiction) Quilting Book lately? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/have-you-read-good-fiction-quilting-book-lately-t232910.html)

Rose Marie 10-22-2013 06:54 AM

Read all the Elm Creek books and loved them. There are a lot of them so use the library.
Just finished the Potting Shed Quilt and the Basement Quilt. Not bad worth reading.
Read others but don't remember the titles, all ok.

quiltin-nannie 10-22-2013 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by Geri B (Post 6360630)
Yes the elm creek series if good.....the first few...then it got boring to me, anyway.....

I agree! First couple were good, then I lost interest.

KwiltyKahy 10-22-2013 07:33 AM

Sandra Dallas writes several novels and some of them are quilt related. I really enjoyed her "Alice's Tulips."

rosiewell 10-22-2013 08:25 AM

Sandra Dallas has references to quilting in her books, I love Prayers for sale.

Mornigstar 10-22-2013 08:35 AM

Read up to book 15 in Elm Creek Series. Very upset now because I do not have the ending about the young mom having twins. Even sent a quilt block --made in purples for the charity quilts being made. You voted by color of block. Can anyone please pm me the sex of the babies. I will be going to Fl next week and hope to get some books to read but I still would like to know . Went on web site --couldn't get answer.
I too like these kind of books but not reading much now. Will now try these other authors. Thanks

MamaDonna 10-22-2013 10:37 AM

thanks for all the feedback. I really like the idea of a audiobook so I can continue to quilt...... too many things i want to do (read, quilt, sleep!) and not enough time

BCM 10-22-2013 12:06 PM

Agree with Geri B.

caspharm 10-22-2013 12:58 PM

Do you like murder mysteries? The Benni Harper series by Earlene Fowler is very good. There is also a series by Terri Thayer, who is also a quilt teacher. Arlene Sachitano (?) and Emilie Richards both have a series.

The first 3 authors write murder mysteries, while Emilie Richards writes a mystery (more human nature) series.

You can also query your local library's website or google the internet for other books. I read so much since we retired that I use the library rather than spend money on books. I use that money on fabric and supplies :).

AliceQ 10-22-2013 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by quiltin-nannie (Post 6361996)
I agree! First couple were good, then I lost interest.

Same here, but many, many people love this series!

Edie 10-23-2013 03:38 AM

Originally Posted by mighty (Post 6361892)
I do not take the time to read much, I guess I will get myself some audiobooks would be great while sewing.

For some reason I just cannot sit down and read a book. But I can sit and sew, clean the house, work in the garden, do my errands in the car with an audiobook. I must be the poster gal for multi-taskiing.......age 75, experienced!!!!!!!! I am now listening to Jeff Shaara and his books on the Civil War - very, very interesting and it does keep your attention too. Edie