Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Help with pay pal (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/help-pay-pal-t144320.html)

snipforfun 08-11-2011 05:40 AM

I have a pay pal acct. that I have used for purchases, but not sure how to create one where I can receive payments from selling "stuff". I guess I don't understand how people pay me with PP. Do they have to have my acct. # or what? Can the PP acct. I have now be used to receive payments? PP has an extensive website which I have visited but I just don't understand the drill!!

auntpiggylpn 08-11-2011 05:46 AM

Do not give them your account # You give them you PayPal Id name only not the password. What ever your id is, such as "[email protected]" they don't need your password or anything else. Whatever name you type in to log on to paypal is the id that you give them.

KimmieH 08-11-2011 05:47 AM

all you need to do is give them your email address associated with the account (which should be your user name)
very easy..no account #'s need to be given out

june6995 08-11-2011 06:10 AM

and when you want that money transferred to your bank account, it can be done securely through Pay Pal. I got a refund and that is how I found out.

June in Cincinnati

clynns 08-11-2011 06:23 AM

One important piece of information. When asking someone to pay you for something using PayPal ask them to go to the Personal tab. After they click on that tab ask them to make sure that 'gift' is selected. If they don't do it this way, PayPal will take 5% of whatever they collect for their fee's. That's $5.00 of every hundred to put things in more perspective. (Ask me how I know.)

Go to the website and click on pay. Look at what comes up. Look for the tabs below that say Service and Personal. Just so you get an idea of what they are looking at. You only need to give them your personal email address that you use at PayPal. Never give anything else. Cheryl

kraftykimberly 08-11-2011 07:12 AM

Ok Im confused, I can get buyers to "gift" payments? I plan to start selling so I just want to be sure to get my ducks in a row. Thanks in advance for some clarification on that one.

kathy 08-11-2011 08:00 AM

i would not want to mess things up trying to cut out the small fee for all payapl does, what if they notice that you have a LOT of "gifts" coming your way and lock you out?
you can send your buyer an invoice to make it easier for them but you will have to give paypal their cut

kraftykimberly 08-11-2011 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by kathy
i would not want to mess things up trying to cut out the small fee for all payapl does, what if they notice that you have a LOT of "gifts" coming your way and lock you out?
you can send your buyer an invoice to make it easier for them but you will have to give paypal their cut

Thanks Kathy, I thought something didnt sound right about that, just seemed like it was a scheme to circumvent paypal which Im not going to even entertain the thought of. Has the feel of being dishonest to me. Thanks for the clarification.

feffertim 08-11-2011 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by kraftykimberly
Ok Im confused, I can get buyers to "gift" payments? I plan to start selling so I just want to be sure to get my ducks in a row. Thanks in advance for some clarification on that one.

love your avatar

kraftykimberly 08-11-2011 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by feffertim

Originally Posted by kraftykimberly

love your avatar

Hey thanks !!!