Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Honey Boo Boos with dad, Sugar Bear (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/honey-boo-boos-dad-sugar-bear-t220893.html)

Sdwill 05-07-2013 07:24 AM

I can't even stand the Honey Boo Boo commercials. I do have to say we do watch Swamp People and American Hoggers. We actually started watching the hoggers because we wanted to see how they hunt them.

Nammie to 7 05-07-2013 08:41 AM

I'm usually on the computer, sewing, or doing hand work. Rarely watch TV just to watch TV. There are a few sitcoms that give me a chuckle.

Stitch124 05-07-2013 09:06 AM

My three favorites are varied in interests but I like them anyway.....Duck Dynasty, Downton Abby and The Big Bang Theory. Other than these 3, I don't watch much TV.

Jingle 05-07-2013 09:12 AM

I have HGTV on and I like the Restoration show, Pawn Stars. Just to see how things can be done, re done or what people have to sell. When I have to use the dining table for some quilty I listen to what my Husband is watching. I don't stare at the TV for longer than a few minutes. I have listened to some really good movies. I recognize lots of voices, not always the faces.

sassey 05-07-2013 04:40 PM

in my humbile opinion reality shows suck

institches33 05-08-2013 03:27 AM

I've been watching netflix tv shows on my ipad while sewing - senior moments - I've forgotten all the old episodes so they are new to me. Also Roku boxes are great for the tvs. The old shows are clean and funny - no Kardashians, Races or bad singers.

bearisgray 05-08-2013 04:00 AM

I thought the dress was interesting - there were yards and yards and yards of fabric in that dress.

quilt queen 05-08-2013 04:54 AM

TV isn't worth the time it takes to turn it on...I agree, why are we subjected to such junk..the only site that is worth anything is the History, animal and a few documentaries...I thought we were the only people who felt like this, thought maybe we were just getting old...glad to know we have company!!!

shasta5718 05-08-2013 05:14 AM

Could never see the point of watching a spoiled brat and a weird acting family. They have sitcoms for that if you want to watch weird. I don't waste the time.

Geri B 05-08-2013 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn (Post 6049062)
I find it deplorable that a network and the people who watch take advantage of ignorant people. I can't watch the hoarding shows as it is just exploitation of people with serious mental illness. What happened to the days when nobody aired their dirty laundry in public?

I sometimes wonder who are the ignorant ones... The ones on the screen or the ones watching. It seems the mental level of most of tv watchers today is subnormal if these kinds of programs are " popular". If these are "reality" I must be living in OZ...