Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Honey Boo Boos with dad, Sugar Bear

Honey Boo Boos with dad, Sugar Bear

Dad, Sugar Bear marries Honey Boo Boo's mother who is dressed in camo. Really! This is on the news. Why? Who watches this?

Okay, I will admit I watch Swamp People. A lot of people probably wonder why someone would watch gator hunters. Sometimes I wonder why myself, then never miss an episode.

Honey Boo Boo watchers, why?

I haven't got a clue.

I hate TV. We had Directv for years and I got rid of it 2 months ago. There is nothing on worth watching that I cant get on the internet and its a lot cheaper. Don't miss it at all.
    Like the moon, and the stars, and the sun - yeah we all shine on.

I agree with you. There are other celebrities that are constantly in the news and I have no idea why, for example, Lindsay Lohan and the Kardashians.

Say Yes to the Dress is my guilty pleasure.
    "Be brave enough to be who you really are.

Why would anybody watch idiots when they can quilt ahahahahahhahaahha

Blog Entries
    I was wondering if they had to pay them to get married. they seemed happy the way they were.

Blog Entries
    I find it deplorable that a network and the people who watch take advantage of ignorant people. I can't watch the hoarding shows as it is just exploitation of people with serious mental illness. What happened to the days when nobody aired their dirty laundry in public?
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

I do not watch tv that much; Mines is always on HGTV, CSI or Criminal Minds; which is just there for the company. I have two grandchildren that has been with me almost a year. A 13 y/o granddaughter that loves Honey Boo Boo, an 18 y/o grandson that loves Swamp peoples and Gator hunters, wrestling, boxing which I can not stand. I have a coworker that went somewhere in Louisiana an got a chance to see the people of "Swamp Peoples" or something close to that. A big turn off for me. No offense to anyone, just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sewfine View Post
    I do not watch tv that much; Mines is always on HGTV, CSI or Criminal Minds; which is just there for the company. I have two grandchildren that has been with me almost a year. A 13 y/o granddaughter that loves Honey Boo Boo, an 18 y/o grandson that loves Swamp peoples and Gator hunters, wrestling, boxing which I can not stand. I have a coworker that went somewhere in Louisiana an got a chance to see the people of "Swamp Peoples" or something close to that. A big turn off for me. No offense to anyone, just me.
    My son hates Swamp People. He's decided I only watch it to torture him. The other show he thinks makes fun of the south is Moonshiners. The "stars" of that show appeared at the local Home Depot. One of them got arrested for drunk in public and made the news. Does make one wonder why a person who is breaking the law would want to go on tv doing the illegal deed. Moonshiner drunk in public, go figure.

Blog Entries
    At $100,000 + an episode, they aren't that ignorant. The people that know them in the town say they ham it up for the camera and the parents pay their bills and take care of their kids. It was on tv in a waiting room, a marathon of the show. I sit there and Googled the show and read about the family. The real facts are much more interesting.
    I have watched Swamp People. I think those people would do anything for anybody and they have a good life.
    Got fabric?

I can't even stand the Honey Boo Boo commercials. I do have to say we do watch Swamp People and American Hoggers. We actually started watching the hoggers because we wanted to see how they hunt them.
    Sharyl

I'm usually on the computer, sewing, or doing hand work. Rarely watch TV just to watch TV. There are a few sitcoms that give me a chuckle.

My three favorites are varied in interests but I like them anyway.....Duck Dynasty, Downton Abby and The Big Bang Theory. Other than these 3, I don't watch much TV.

I have HGTV on and I like the Restoration show, Pawn Stars. Just to see how things can be done, re done or what people have to sell. When I have to use the dining table for some quilty I listen to what my Husband is watching. I don't stare at the TV for longer than a few minutes. I have listened to some really good movies. I recognize lots of voices, not always the faces.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Blog Entries
    in my humbile opinion reality shows suck

I've been watching netflix tv shows on my ipad while sewing - senior moments - I've forgotten all the old episodes so they are new to me. Also Roku boxes are great for the tvs. The old shows are clean and funny - no Kardashians, Races or bad singers.

Power Poster
    I thought the dress was interesting - there were yards and yards and yards of fabric in that dress.

TV isn't worth the time it takes to turn it on...I agree, why are we subjected to such junk..the only site that is worth anything is the History, animal and a few documentaries...I thought we were the only people who felt like this, thought maybe we were just getting old...glad to know we have company!!!

Could never see the point of watching a spoiled brat and a weird acting family. They have sitcoms for that if you want to watch weird. I don't waste the time.

Quote Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn View Post
    I find it deplorable that a network and the people who watch take advantage of ignorant people. I can't watch the hoarding shows as it is just exploitation of people with serious mental illness. What happened to the days when nobody aired their dirty laundry in public?
    I sometimes wonder who are the ignorant ones... The ones on the screen or the ones watching. It seems the mental level of most of tv watchers today is subnormal if these kinds of programs are " popular". If these are "reality" I must be living in OZ...

Blog Entries
    I have never watched Honey Boo Boo, Duck Dynasty, or any of those dumb shows... I have seen enough of them on advertisements to know that is not for me. I agree why would a person waste their time with that when you can quilt?
    And also we must remember this is NOT reality... They do know they are being filmed! Folks just need more to do than get in front of a camera and act ignorant! This is just MHO

Duck Dynasty fan and I am quilting of watching Say Yes to the Dress. Those are pretty much all I actually sit and watch. Hubby is a sports nut and that's usually what is on.
    Better to do something imperfectly, than nothing perfectly.
    Done is better than perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn View Post
    these people aren't really this stupid but if they make money acting this way??? But it give the country people a bad image.
    Freedom is costly and quilting keeps us busy...

I REALLY, REALLY hate reality TV........however, I have to admit I am hooked on this season's The Little Couple. I heard about them on an adoption forum I am on, (Rainbowkids.com), watched the season premiere last week and now I can't miss it.

Bill and Jen both have skeletal dysplasia (dwarfism) and are adopting a 3 year old boy from China who also has SD and now a baby girl from India who has it too.

Being an adoptive parent (internationally and domestically-through the foster system) and an advocate for finding more kids homes (EVERY child deserves a family!) I am thrilled to see the adoption scenario played out for all to see and perhaps folks will possibly be moved to consider adoption.
    Do not worry about the past, for it is history,
    Do not worry about the future, for it is a mystery,
    Only live for today, for it is a gift, that is why it is called "the present."

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    What irritates me is this crap gets more press release than our military who fight for their country. Not a fan of any of the Honey Boo Boo moms who parade their kids around for their own satisfaction. I like Swamp People too. It's part of these guys income to support their family. They aren't parading their kids around in adult makeup to make a buck. The Swamp People sell the hide and eat the meat.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast