Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   HOTMAIL HACKER - PART #2 (With Update) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/hotmail-hacker-part-2-update-t38654.html)

butterflywing 03-09-2010 01:46 PM

UPDATE:

i went to apple today. it is not a bug, a virus, or anything else contagious. it is some smart-a** who either saw or guessed my password on hotmail only and logged in as me. my computer has been tested and passed with flying colors.

whoever logged in changed my profile settings including my password, keeping me out. that account has been wiped clean. there's nothing in that account. empty. hotmail is very hard to close, especially without a password, so i just won't use it ever again. i opened a new secondary account with a new difficult password. btw, apple informs me that hotmail is the easiest to log into or to hack into. nobody there uses it.

in my zeal, i did at first delete some things i should have kept, but i settled down. i saved what mattered. i will replace what i want to. and i dumped what wasn't important. i discovered that i had a load of junk.

Lisanne 03-09-2010 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by butterflywing
i went to apple today. it is not a bug, a virus, or anything else contagious. it is some smart-a** who either saw or guessed my password on hotmail only and logged in as me. my computer has been tested and passed with flying colors.

WB! Glad to hear your computer is fine and you are, too.

Btw, what the smarta$$ did is called phishing. Just in case you wanted to know.

Originally Posted by butterflywing
btw, apple informs me that hotmail is the easiest to log into or to hack into. nobody there uses it.

Of course no one at Apple uses Hotmail. Hotmail is a Microsoft thing, and Microsoft is more or less Apple's arch-enemy. I'm not sticking up for Hotmail, but many people do use it without problems. Apple is going to trash-talk anything connected with Microsoft. Good that you have another account now, but just realize you won't get objective opinions about anything to do with Microsoft from Apple people.

k3n 03-10-2010 01:14 AM

Hey BW is in da house!!!! Glad you don't have a virus! I didn't know that was called 'phishing' - don't these ppl have anything better to do - why don't they QUILT!!!

nursie76 03-10-2010 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by k3n
don't these ppl have anything better to do - why don't they QUILT!!!

AMEN!

Or better yet take those awesome computer skills and their energy and GET A JOB!

Sorry Just had to vent! :hunf:

Lisanne 03-10-2010 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by nursie76

Originally Posted by k3n

AMEN!

Or better yet take those awesome computer skills and their energy and GET A JOB!

When they're old enough to get a job, they will probably be able to get a six-figure computer security job. :evil:

Quilter7x 03-10-2010 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by nursie76

Originally Posted by k3n

AMEN!

Get a job - love it!! :lol: :lol:

Glad everything is settled for you now BFW. :D

pittsburgpam 03-10-2010 08:59 AM

My Yahoo account was hijacked once. They changed my date of birth, my Zip code, my country, everything. I called Yahoo several times and they wouldn't do a thing because the birthdate I was giving them wasn't correct.

I finally emailed their Security team. I had pictures of my new office at home in my Yahoo account so I took a picture of myself in front of the same bookshelves, showing the same things in the picture online, and holding a sign that said, "I AM 'YAHOO_USER'".

That finally worked and they reset my password. When I was able to get in I found that my ZIP code was all zeros, it said I lived in Africa and that I was an auto mechanic.

It pi$$es me off that the first half dozen times I called they couldn't see that the info was obviously wrong!??!

My birthdate now says "on file" on my Yahoo account, even I can't change it. Try calling Hotmail support.

butterflywing 03-10-2010 09:35 AM

hotmail support is really windows live. they got me in without a password long enough to see my profile. believe me, you don't want to know my name. i live in idaho, i'm a teacher and i'm 24 years old. my password, according to them was findasoulmate. cute, or what? the only things they didn't make me were thin and rich. oh, well.

now, they can log to their hearts content. it's empty. no real name or any info.