Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   House Hunters (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/house-hunters-t116422.html)

nativetexan 04-16-2011 06:26 AM

there was a quilter on there the other day, but it wasn't me.
I get tickled- no one looks under the sink, checks the water pressure, etc.

SueDor 04-16-2011 07:08 AM

I like the shows, but it seems to me that the people are told ahead of times to say certain words, ex(spacious).

Also, I hate it when the couple is going through the house and complaing that the coloring on the walls aren't the right color. The poor realtor has to say "Those are easy fixes." Does the couple expect to just move in?

I do like the shows but I get tired of them also.

amandasgramma 04-16-2011 07:22 AM

I watch them! I especially like HH Intnl. Just reinforces how LUCKY we are with our homes!!! Some of them blow me away -- tiny, no closets, MAYBE 1 bathroom! And the kitchens!! ARRRRGH

And SueDor -- YES, young people DO expect to just move in to a completely finished home!!!! I've NEVER in 40+ years found a home that I didn't want to change in some way! What bugs me are the young ones with tiny children that refuse homes because the cupboards are white or it's not big enough (3500 sf). My folks raised us 2 kids in a 1100 sf home, 1 bath. We were HAPPY!

Antdebby1 04-16-2011 11:04 AM

The house down the street from us in Texas was on House Hunters. It was the chosen house, too!

MinnieKat 04-16-2011 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Antdebby1
The house down the street from us in Texas was on House Hunters. It was the chosen house, too!

Really!! Did you get to see any of the filming?

bjnicholson 04-16-2011 11:31 AM

It makes you wonder if they ever heard of "paint"! We've lived in our condo for 9 yrs with white walls and my son's getting all twisted up because I want to paint the walls a different color! He thought another shade of white would be great. I asked him if a colored paint would be any harder or easier than another coat of white? He didn't have an answer (snicker, snicker)!

rushdoggie 04-16-2011 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by amandasgramma
I watch them! I especially like HH Intnl.
And SueDor -- YES, young people DO expect to just move in to a completely finished home!!!! I've NEVER in 40+ years found a home that I didn't want to change in some way! What bugs me are the young ones with tiny children that refuse homes because the cupboards are white or it's not big enough (3500 sf). My folks raised us 2 kids in a 1100 sf home, 1 bath. We were HAPPY!

I know, right? I want to scream at them sometimes that they can change some minor thing later. I live in a 980 sq foot house and I am perfectly happy here, and its not much smaller than the house my parents raised 4 kids in.

I do like watch HHI and seeing the communities in various place around the world, esp the ones where people are not buying vacation homes.