Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   housework (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/housework-t219803.html)

stablemom 04-23-2013 08:38 PM

I hear you about the housework. But I only have the 1 grandson and he is 5 months old. Still adjusting to having baby stuff back in the house. What I can`t believe is the amount of diapers that add up thru the week !

Grandma Peg 04-23-2013 08:50 PM

Housework is never fun but unfortunately has to be done. The memories with our time with grandchildren priceless!!!

Anniedeb 04-23-2013 10:25 PM

I agree about the sticky floor and general mess after they have left.....but I can't bring myself to wipe off the sliding glass door...when the sun shines just right, I see perfect little hand prints!!

quilt queen 04-24-2013 03:05 AM

I thought I would never have Grandchildren..but God blessed me with three wonderful and "sticky" girls..but, I remember how fast my children grew...and I would give just about anything to have those times again...so with my GrandGirls, I don't worry about the messes..I just enjoy the blessings...I have little drawings on a couple of doors that remind me just how fast time moves...I don't want to remembered as the cleanest house on the block...just may one of the neatest MaMaws on the block. have a good day...and join us in Texas and pray for rain...anywhere..anytime.

ube quilting 04-24-2013 04:19 AM

My DHs hobby is cleaning up after me! I hate cleaning. DH has always, for forty years, gone behind me to put magazines, material, tools and anything else away after I walk through a room.
DH tells me he knows I work very hard through the week and should indulge the weekends my way.
I love him dearly:D

solstice3 04-24-2013 06:09 AM

I just have DH at home now and he does fine with the grass, leaves and sticky spots without children or grandchildren LOL

BellaBoo 04-24-2013 07:38 AM

I have two grandkids and they are 16 years apart so no messes. A houseful of grands would be wonderful!

julie 04-24-2013 08:13 AM

Anniedeb, I'm with you! Got everything else back in some semblance of order, but just can't bring myself to wipe those little handprints off the patio door! Every time I see them, I just smile! Love my grandkids!! A couple years ago, our oldest grandson, who is now 10, said, "Mommy always says no, Daddy sometimes says no, and Grandma never says no." He's got me figured out, and the other 4 are learning that too!

Stitchit123 04-24-2013 08:14 AM

I don't mind mud-grass clippings or what ever gets tracked into the house ----but I can not deal with sticky. Sticky any thing just freaks me out. GC's would not be out of the drive before I had mop in hand..

christyld60 04-24-2013 01:56 PM

We didn't think we'd ever have Grandkids, either....our first and probably only was born last Sept. I can't wait for the sticky, messy moments to begin !! :)