Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   How about this...... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/how-about-t73331.html)

dellareya 10-30-2010 08:43 PM

All time favorite is "Paint Your Wagon"
Also enjoy
Rio Bravo
Ever After
Long, Long Trailer
Pride & Prejudice
Sleepless in Seattle
and lots more

cjomomma 10-30-2010 08:44 PM

May favorite one is Fried Green Tomatoes. I have no idea as to how many times I have watched it. If I am flipping thru the channels and it is on I have to stop and watch it no matter how far into the movie it is. I have only seen the beginning 2 times.

quiltluvr 10-30-2010 09:01 PM

When I was in high school, the movie Arthur came out. Don't know what it was but Dudley Moore cracked me up. Saw it so many times I could recite the movie in it's entirety.

Now, I never tire of seeing Gone With The Wind or Jaws. Go figure. :roll: :wink: :lol:

polly13 10-31-2010 07:45 AM

My favorite oldie is MY COUSIN VINNIE.
My new favorite to add to my list is THE BLIND SIDE!

happymrs 10-31-2010 07:55 AM

The Fugitive, never tire of Harry, lol!

booklady 10-31-2010 07:59 AM

My daughter and I have watched Parent Trap soooooo many times! We know it by heart and she does a great British accent!!! We even know what parts they cut when it's on television. My daughter says I'm a Julia Roberts, Sandra Bullock fan as I tend to have their movies and listen while I sew.

Ramona Byrd 10-31-2010 08:13 AM

The Wizard of Oz.
E.T. This one is sad and uplifting at the same time.

The Day The Earth Stood Still...I love old black and white movies!
Bedknobs and Broomsticks. Angela Lansbury is marvelous in this.

And speaking of movies, have you seen the one about a 1928 movie of Charlie Chaplain, where on a sidewalk right outside a movie premiere showed what looked like a woman or a man in drag, talking on a cell phone? I've watched it several times, and it left me confused. There are masses of stuff about it running all around the internet!!!

MinnieKat 10-31-2010 10:39 AM

The Horse Whisperer

purplefiend 10-31-2010 10:42 AM

Paint Your Wagon
The Quiet Man (Maureen O'Hara and John Wayne)
The Lake House
Monsters INC
Sweet Home Alabama
North by Northwest
The Incredibles
all of the Shrek movies
The Sound of Music
The Music Man
The Wizard of Oz

purplefiend 10-31-2010 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
The Wizard of Oz.
E.T. This one is sad and uplifting at the same time.

The Day The Earth Stood Still...I love old black and white movies!
Bedknobs and Broomsticks. Angela Lansbury is marvelous in this.

And speaking of movies, have you seen the one about a 1928 movie of Charlie Chaplain, where on a sidewalk right outside a movie premiere showed what looked like a woman or a man in drag, talking on a cell phone? I've watched it several times, and it left me confused. There are masses of stuff about it running all around the internet!!!

Are you a Coast 2 Coast listener? I am! That film clip was kinda spooky.