Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   How about this...... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/how-about-t73331.html)

lab fairy 10-31-2010 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by bjnicholson
My most favorite is Ball of Fire with Barbara Stanwick (oldy, but moldy!) and 2nd best if Princess Bride.

The "Princess Bride" has to be our second favorite too.

lots2do 10-31-2010 01:28 PM

Waking Ned Devine - love the music, too.
Wizard of Oz.

akrogirl 10-31-2010 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Naturalmama
I LOVE Pride & Prejudice with Colin Firth.

Colin Firth was absolute perfection in that role!

Other favorites, in no particular order:

The Sound of Music
The Full Monty
A Man For All Seasons
About a Boy
Anne of the Thousand Days
The Dam Busters
Stalag 17
Billy Elliot
Strange Bedfellows - the Paul Hogan movie
Love Actually
Twelve O'Clock High
Babe
The Graduate

dutchie 10-31-2010 03:51 PM

Gone With The Wind
The Hunt For Red October
Sound of Music
Independence Day
Wizard of Oz
Dune
Lord of The Ring + The Hobbitt

Mimito2 10-31-2010 04:39 PM

Blues Brothers(I know it backwards, forwards and each way in between) if it is on Hubby will find it.
Bridges of Madison County- I wonder how many times this movie has happened in real life?
Blazing Saddles

akgranny 10-31-2010 09:08 PM

dr zvagho! watched it 4 times .... read the book. then, haven' been 'out' to the movies in 35 years.

wanderingcreek 10-31-2010 09:23 PM

Gone with the Wind

my3furryfriends 11-01-2010 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by quiltluvr

Originally Posted by my3furryfriends
What is your favorite movie of all time? And, approximately how many times have you watched it.

Mine: "Sound of Music"--- probably have watched it more than 20X...plus, I have the dvd so I can watch it anytime I feel like it.

Meant to ask when I first read this. Did you catch the SOM reunion on Oprah, Thursday I think. All the kids, Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer. The show ended with the real Maria Von Trapp's great grandchildren, three girls and a boy, singing Edelweiss. What beautiful, beautiful voices.

Yes, I did watch (and recorded) that Oprah special on all the cast. I always wondered where and what they're doing now.

my3furryfriends 11-01-2010 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by teacherbailey

Originally Posted by katiebear1
Oh, I have several. But two of my favorites were not "BIG" movies. Same Time Next Year" with Alan ALda and Ellen Burstyn and Bicentenial Man with Robin Williams. If you have not seen the later rent or netflix it. I guarantee you will need a hankie by the end

Oh My GOSH!!!!! I never meet anybody else who's ever seen Same Time Next Year----was scrolling thru here just in case but didn't think I'd see it....I think it's one of the best movies of the past several decades but most people have never even heard of it! The music is great, the storyline is fun.....just a feel-good movie for a lazy weekend afternoon. Highly recommended!!!

Oh, yes, I have seen it, too. Being a movie addict of well-made movies, this was one I liked also.

Robinlee 11-01-2010 07:32 AM

Last of the Dogmen with Tom Beringer about 20x's +++