Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   How does everyone keep up (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/how-does-everyone-keep-up-t48629.html)

sueisallaboutquilts 06-06-2010 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Luv Quilts and Cats
I check in once a day usually, more on weekends. Only problem is, it cuts into quilting and reading time. This site is so good, but addictive! :D

Same here and I also love cats and quilts :D:D:D

sharon b 06-06-2010 04:25 PM

I start with unread topics and truthfully never catch up on them. After a while you will scan quickly for some posts as you like them more . It also helps that they are broken down into sections :thumbup:

Don't worry it is almost impossible to keep up :wink: But it sure is fun to try :lol:

dsb38327 06-06-2010 04:31 PM

I spent one complete day on the couch reading and responding to post. I couldn't keep up. It just isn't possible. There are so many post I want to look in on later for updates and I don't even look at all of those. It is wonderfully addictive and keeps me from quilting. I keep promising to discipline myself but I learn something every time I am logged in and I hate to miss anything.

amma 06-06-2010 05:28 PM

I think it is impossible to read every post, or to keep up with the older ones with new responses... I would love to, but there are just not enough hours in the day LOL

littlehud 06-06-2010 05:28 PM

I spend some day time here on my days off. Other wise it's an hour or so in the evening.

Jingle 06-06-2010 06:00 PM

Last couple of months I was training our oldest Daughter to take over my job, so I had lots of time to read this board. Now I'm retired and won't spend near as much time on here or the computer in general.

reach for the stars 2 06-06-2010 06:07 PM

I love this site you learn a lot and make friends. It is addictive tho.

roseOfsharon 06-06-2010 06:07 PM

I come on to read some topics and look at the pictures of projects and stop in a few topics that are a constant. I doubt that I could keep up with everything that is printed! In the beginning I tried to say hello to the newcomers, but there are sooooooooo many and I just find I cannot keep up. I wish there was a general page for all newcomers to enter in and we could go there and say Hello and Welcome to All that are new!

QuiltingGrannie 06-06-2010 06:16 PM

You mean we don't HAVE to read everything???? :idea:

I gave up a long time ago trying to read everything. I scan the recent topics, check my PMs-, comment here and there, and look for Marsye's comments and humor.

I wish I had more time to welcome all the newcomers also. I love having them join and don't want then to feel slighted.

Suggestions would be to read what you want and if you are looking for something specific go to 'search' and look for it. There is a LOT to be found.

quiltinghere 06-06-2010 07:41 PM

I read with coffee in the morning...just like some people read their newspapers, right?

I check UNREAD TOPICS and read the posts that have topic lines that make sense and are to the point.

Then I'll check recent topics if I have time.

I *MARK ALL AS READ* every day so I know where I've left off. There's no way I can read everything either. I'm trying to curtail my time online and do more sewing! It's working.