Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   How many Iowegians? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/how-many-iowegians-t25350.html)

mary quite contrary 09-06-2010 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Randa
I'm from NE Iowa! Lived here all my life and still live only 30 miles from where I grew up! Wouldn't live anywhere else! Love the 4 seasons!

Welcome!

Rhonda 09-06-2010 03:36 PM

I'm from NE Iowa! Lived here all my life and still live only 30 miles from where I grew up! Wouldn't live anywhere else! Love the 4 seasons!

Randa are those twins in your Avatar? Such cuties!!

sew wishful 09-06-2010 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Rhonda

LOL! Nope...cousins...one from each of my youngest daughters! They are wrapped in a quilt I made for the one on the left. The other brought her quilt, also, but I think they were sitting on it! Those were the first two I made. I've finished number 6, have number 7 tied, ready for hemming or binding. Have material for #8 ready...just waiting for the design to hit!! LOL!

Rhonda 09-06-2010 06:30 PM

LOL! Nope...cousins...one from each of my youngest daughters! They are wrapped in a quilt I made for the one on the left. The other brought her quilt, also, but I think they were sitting on it! Those were the first two I made. I've finished number 6, have number 7 tied, ready for hemming or binding. Have material for #8 ready...just waiting for the design to hit!! LOL!

they look so sweet sitting there!! They must be close in age. I have twin grandsons who are 6 almost 7 but two of my older grandsons who are cousins are only 4 mos apart so we have treated them like twins over the years. they are 12 and almost 12 now.

Laine 09-06-2010 07:06 PM

Although I've lived in Illinois for over 24 yrs, I was born and raised around Dyersville, IA. We still go back quite often as family is still in the area.

WalMartGranny 09-06-2010 08:26 PM

Muscatine Iowa here. Been here for 30 years. Raised in Brighton.

Rhonda 09-06-2010 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by WalMartGranny
Muscatine Iowa here. Been here for 30 years. Raised in Brighton.

My Inlaws used to live in Sigourney and we are below Mt. Pleasant so we went through Brighton all the time to go to Sigourney nearly every weekend for 20 some years.

peppermint31 09-07-2010 04:03 PM

I also have relatives there! Dyersville that is

sew wishful 09-07-2010 04:59 PM

they look so sweet sitting there!! They must be close in age. I have twin grandsons who are 6 almost 7 but two of my older grandsons who are cousins are only 4 mos apart so we have treated them like twins over the years. they are 12 and almost 12 now.

They are exactly 5 months apart! They don't live close enough to visit regularly with each other, so any time I get the chance to get the two together I do it! I had them both for 4 days and nights...I'm too old for that!! LOL!!! They were pretty well behaved, tho.

Rhonda 09-07-2010 05:15 PM

They are exactly 5 months apart! They don't live close enough to visit regularly with each other, so any time I get the chance to get the two together I do it! I had them both for 4 days and nights...I'm too old for that!! LOL!!! They were pretty well behaved, tho.

I've done that too with Jake and Joey. They lived too far apart when they were littler and now they are only 30 miles apart but due to busy lives don't see each other unless I have them here or at Christmas time when we all get together.