Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   How many quilters have a cat or two? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/how-many-quilters-have-cat-two-t164152.html)

zipit 10-29-2011 09:49 AM

I inherited two. I wasn't a cat person until then.

nancylee 10-29-2011 09:52 AM

Joy, that is so nice of you!! I inherited my first cat, too, my family didn't like cats, only dogs. Now I do dog rescue and have a cat!!

Rebecca VLQ 10-29-2011 09:52 AM

Me! I have one! :D He's awesome.

Dollysquiltingmom 10-29-2011 09:53 AM

I have 3 cats, Princess, Mia and Taz. My avatar is of my Dolly, she passed away in June.

twixbar 10-29-2011 09:54 AM

I have one cat and a parrot.

dd 10-29-2011 09:56 AM

I have 2. Big fluffy, calico Yenko, she likes to leave evidence of her where abouts and sleek gray tiger, Tater, loves my quilts. He normally gets to use them before anyone else does.

wvdek 10-29-2011 09:58 AM

...or 13! My DD has 6 inside (some are in/out but spend the night in) and 7 out that never come in the house. She even heats the garage for them during the cold months. She counts them every night before bedtime. If anyone is missing, she calls and looks for them before going to bed.
They all have such different personalities, or one is prettier than the rest, or sweeter than the rest. They are her kids.
No grandbabies coming from her.

zipit 10-29-2011 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by nancylee
Joy, that is so nice of you!! I inherited my first cat, too, my family didn't like cats, only dogs. Now I do dog rescue and have a cat!!

Well, there were a few things other than the 2 cats...
a black lab
a samoyed
a 12 year old rooster that thought he was a dog since he hung out with them
4 doves
and then the 4 goats

A goat, the lab and rooster are now at Rainbow Bridge and we found good homes for the rest of the goats and the doves.

I would like to get the samoyed a brother or sister but for now we share her living arrangements with BIL and SIL since they have her brother. They enjoy being with each other and swapping houses back and forth. It's a great arrangement since we all are on the go.

Once we move, she'll need a companion though she's getting up there in years and is beginning to have a difficult time getting around.

Raggiemom 10-29-2011 10:04 AM

I have 4 cats and they all love to sew and quilt!

hobbykat1955 10-29-2011 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by nancylee

Me too. grew up with dogs..hated cats until my niece had to give up her cat that she had for 10 yrs...It was either Aunt K plse take Tiffany (all white with one yellow, one green eye) or she has to go to the pound...Sucker...took her not liking cats, fell in love and had her for 8 additional yrs..We then took in a stray Ms. Big when she was approx 2 yrs old (her photo on avatar) she's now 19 and rules the hse...Anything for Ms Big.