Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   How many of you view the profile of the person posting a thread? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/how-many-you-view-profile-person-posting-thread-t182079.html)

Bobbielinks 03-08-2012 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Marilynsue (Post 5043018)
Gosh Bobbielinks, you do very well for someone born in Nov, 2011. How interesting. No, I don't very often read a person's profile, but now I just might. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Maybe I'd better look at mine....probably needs updating.

Why thank you, I do do very well for someone my age. LOL When the board changed over to the new format a few months ago I noticed that the year had been added to my birth date. I have tried to edit my profile to fix it, but didn't have any luck doing so, so just left it like it was. If you promise not to tell anyone I'll tell you the true year - 1948.

Bobbielinks 03-08-2012 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by dixie_fried (Post 5042749)
I like to look at profiles. I have to admit though, when I see one that's got very little info, my mind automatically makes up a story about them. "Oh, she's a children's librarian with 3 cats and a doting husband. They live next door to her elderly aunt who she has tea with a couple of times a week. Her quilting is mostly done for charities."

I will go see how much info I left...

A great profile!!! Very interesting, from roller darby to quilting!! I'll bet the others will go to your profile now, just to find out what I'm talking about. You sound like a fun person!

Wanabee Quiltin 03-08-2012 05:30 PM

never read it, guess you all will read mine now.

dixie_fried 03-08-2012 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Bobbielinks (Post 5043178)
A great profile!!! Very interesting, from roller darby to quilting!! I'll bet the others will go to your profile now, just to find out what I'm talking about. You sound like a fun person!

I like to think I'm fun!
I mentioned roller derby in a post once before. Either folks aren't sure I was serious or didn't know what I was talking about. I'll make a diagram in case someone is curious.

jeank 03-09-2012 06:00 AM

I often look at the location. If you want your privacy, at least put the state.

I never look at the profiles, they would be blank anyway.

raedar63 03-09-2012 06:01 AM

Yes I read them all the time.

Amythyst02 03-09-2012 07:20 AM

I don't normally check out profiles..but I did fill my out sometime ago. I added a bit to it today, a few updates !

granny5 03-09-2012 07:43 AM

I never looked at profiles, until today. I just went in and updated my info. You are right, it is nice to know something about the person posting. Thanks for the input.

sguillot 03-09-2012 08:21 AM

I added a little to mine yesterday but after reading these comments I think I will add more, it is nice to know something abut those of you who post alot like do you have other interest, do you work full times when do you like to quilt the most, what is your fav color, quilt pattern, etc. I think you get the message.

Originally Posted by Lori S (Post 5042643)
I do wish board members would at least fill in the location part.

alwayslearning 03-09-2012 08:38 AM

Interesting thread. I would imagine that many people are like me. I filled in very little when I first joined because I was shy about it as I was very new to quilting. Then under the old system I posted wrong and either had to wait three months or start under a new name. The first few profiles I looked at did not have much more than mine. Since then I haven't looked so have never updated. Maybe you will be an inspiration to a lot of us. Thanks for starting this thread.