Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   How much is too much for a haircut? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/how-much-too-much-haircut-t122020.html)

KayT 05-10-2011 01:49 AM

Oh this is a funny topic, it makes me chuckle. We are forever looking for the perfect cut, then the styles change if we do find it. I used to go every three weeks, then retired and only work part time so I now go 4 weeks between, and color every other time. Cut is $16, cut and color I think is about $60, but I only do a full head of high lights not a full color. I think it blends better with my hair color and grey. haha Oh tip is extra on top. I have that thin limp hair, and only like the feel right after the color it plumps up a little.

Aurora 05-10-2011 02:02 AM

I have been going to the same person at Great Clips for 3 years. I think the price is $13 and I always give her a $5 tip because she does such a great job and takes her time to get it short enough for me.

AlwaysQuilting 05-10-2011 02:07 AM

Free....I've cut my hair, my husband's, kids and grandkids forever, even though I never had any training.
I hate to think what a professional beautician would think if they ever took a close look at us...lol....although our haircuts don't seem to scare the neighbors.

Krystyna 05-10-2011 03:19 AM

When I was working in the entertainment industry in NYC, I usually paid about $125 for a haircut at Kenneth Salon. And that was 25-30 years ago. Now, living a much simpler life with long straight hair, I go into my bathroom, part my down the middle and *SNIP* -- Free! The clippings go into the compost pile.

quilt3311 05-10-2011 03:19 AM

$20 - $35 depends on the person who does the work.

mltquilt 05-10-2011 04:37 AM

I have had the same stylist for years and she is great. I have a cut, retouch and blow dry about every 6-8 weeks and it is around $150. Stylist lets me know when there are specials so I get a break.

mltquilt

suekenyon 05-10-2011 04:38 AM

If you like the hair cuts you are getting now...stay with
them as I don't feel like $28.00 is too much. They are
normally $35.00 to $40.00 here, you can find cheaper but
probably wouldn't like them.

jitkaau 05-10-2011 04:39 AM

Again, just compare our prices: The average price for a woman's haircut regardless of length) is $30 - $38. If you go to a big city it is generally $40 - $100. Consequently, I cut my own.
If you get colour it is $60 - $150, depending where you go. Men's haircuts are about $10 - $15. My hair is the length of a man's but can't convince them to give me a cheaper price.

WMUTeach 05-10-2011 04:57 AM

I had a really bad hair disaster with some one, a professional, who I would have called a friend. After a year of her caring for my hair for free, I needed to make a change and stop the coloring. I now have been going to a gal who rescued me from a life of coloring, burned ends and boring cuts. I pay $45 every 6 - 8 weeks and I love my beautiful long healthy silver gray hair with an up to date cut. It is my crowning glory! Bless this gal for her skills. I may cringe at the price but, it is worth it all when I can step out confidently and know at least my hair is ... "Look'en good".

Greyhound Mom 05-10-2011 05:02 AM

I usually pay $60. and I just love my cut but, can't afford him every month!!!!! Wish I could.