Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   How old is too old? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/how-old-too-old-t26424.html)

zennia 10-03-2009 02:29 PM

At one time I thought i was to old for jeans so stopped wearing them for a while but now I am over that and live in them. Funny about our moms. Mine didnt start wearing then until in her 70's then she lived in them. i sometimes wondered if she owned any other clothes.
Remember--we are only as old as we think we are.

pal 10-03-2009 03:36 PM

Wait a minute - if you don't wear jeans what the heck do you wear????

Aren't jeans just denim slacks? So how could you be too old for

denim slacks? It sure beats a purple dress with a red hat!

joeyoz 10-03-2009 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter
If I get too old to wear jeans, I'll be pretty much naked. I own 3 pairs of jeans and 3 pairs of yoga pants. I think I still have one pair of "slacks" for funerals. I hope they go with Nikes or flip flops because that's the only shoes I own these days.

My personal policy is "if it aint comfortable I aint wearing it". Panty hose, high heels, push-up bras, and such fall directly into the aint comfortable category.

LMAO!!! My sentiments exactly. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dix 10-03-2009 07:01 PM

I am 75 and wear jeans all time. And decent shorts in the summer. You are as young as you feel.

Edie 10-04-2009 05:04 AM

I'd say never - I am 71, wear tank tops, and when the jeans have the holes in the knees, I cut them off - VOILA! cutoffs! Hey, you are as young as you feel. Besides, if it feels good - do it! And I feel good, comfortable and relaxed in jeans - however, I opt for the elastic waist! Edie

carrieg 10-04-2009 05:23 AM

I'd rather see an 'old lady' in well fitting jeans than a twenty-something with a muffin roll hanging over poorly fitting anything! LOL

My mom is 80 and wears jeans.

MollieSue 10-04-2009 05:39 AM

I'll be 51 in February, and jeans is all I wear!!!!
And my daughter got me switched to 'boot cuts', instead of my straight leg ones! lol!!!!!

bearisgray 10-05-2009 06:26 AM

I think it depends more on the shape of the body than the age of the body.

Edie 10-05-2009 06:41 AM

WEre you talking about me? For all intents and purposes I should be the last person on this earth in a pair of jeans! But, they are comfortable, don't show the dirt and you don't have to iron them. I have heard you shouldn't because it wears out the thread in the denim. Makes sense to me! I am the justification queen of all things!!!!

Inver Grove Heights is a hop, skip and jump from us. Nice to talk to someone who is so close. I am in the Macalester Groveland area. Edie

bearisgray 10-05-2009 07:14 AM

Hey - I'm not gonna call any kettle black!

Once upon a time I had a nice shape - now I just have a shape!

Comfort is the number one priority - but my nightie just isn't suitable for going out shopping in

:?