Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   How Thoroughly Quilty Are You? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/how-thoroughly-quilty-you-t255756.html)

AngeliaNR 10-24-2014 08:56 PM

Scott's here. I'll always remember how much my dad disliked the thick, soft types--in his words, "Toilet paper should have grip" !;)

moonrise 10-24-2014 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by AngeliaNR (Post 6942310)
Scott's here. I'll always remember how much my dad disliked the thick, soft types--in his words, "Toilet paper should have grip" !;)

LOL! :D

We're a "Two TP" household, too. I like the cheap Walmart brand that's similar to Scotts, and DH likes the cushiest kind he can find. The cushy kinds always seem to be linty to me, and they seem to fall apart, leaving tidbits of toilet paper behind. (Pun intended! :D ) The cushy kind stops up our toilets, too.

Sandygirl 10-25-2014 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by feline fanatic (Post 6941348)
Being on a septic system I have found the TP kindest to my very old system is Scotts. Used to use Charmin but it wreaked havoc on my system.

Interesting...we are on septic. I like Northern. Might need to research what works best on septice tanks.
sandy

Barbara Antman 10-25-2014 05:07 AM

If it was in scrappy colors I would!!

earthwalker 10-25-2014 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by oh munner (Post 6941844)
You buy recycled toilet paper??????

No....toilet paper made from paper that has been recycled (I think its office paper).

For those on septic systems Cotonelle is just asking for trouble....sigh....ask me how I know!

rjwilder 10-25-2014 06:17 AM

We use White Cloud 3 ply Ultra Soft and Thick, it's safe for septic tanks and RV's. I did the "dissolve test" using White Cloud, Charmin and Quilted Northern and the toilet paper sold specifically for RV's. I put 3 sheets of each in 1/2 cup of water and White Cloud fell apart the most, there was practically nothing left of it, I couldn't pick it up and squeeze it out. The other brands were just in a blob with a few stray pieces that fell apart. I could pick up the blob and ring it out. Now I'll have to get Scott's and do the test with it and the White Cloud. White Cloud is only sold at WalMart.

selm 10-25-2014 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 (Post 6941387)
No I don't. I am finishing up using Charmin because they cut down on the width of their TP!! Why is that baby wipes are so much bigger than adults ??? :)

I think most of the brands cut down on the width of their TP. I used to be able to stack only 4 rolls under the bathroom sink. Now, I can stack 5! One store brand here is still wide but the paper is thinner.

Debbie C 10-25-2014 11:51 AM

Septic Systems Love Scott's!

roguequilter 10-25-2014 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Sandygirl (Post 6942380)
Interesting...we are on septic. I like Northern. Might need to research what works best on septice tanks.
sandy

agreed ..interesting. our system double field ..but i didn't know to avoid certain types of tp ..hope you post what you find out in your research. i use cheapest at safeway...their brand, unless another brand on sale for less.

CMARAS1234 10-26-2014 09:53 PM

I buy what ever is on sale,, but I never put paper in my septic tank, That goes back to my HOUSE BOAT days, I never put anything in that I havent eaten first, Ever, and I use ridx every three months, I also empty waste basket every other day, I usually burn it. also I live alone so its no big deal ...cmaras1234