Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   How well do you discern shapes? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/how-well-do-you-discern-shapes-t273369.html)

SHELTIE'SMAMA 12-16-2015 09:22 AM

I too went back to see if there was a score lower. Worked hard to pick wrong answers scored 60 on 2nd round vs 96 first time. Think it might have something to do with quilters paying attention to detail. Interesting, B neg blood is only 4 percent of population.

lynnie 12-16-2015 09:49 AM

I got 96% correct, in th top 4%
I'm great at special skills, something men excel at, and very few woman.
I love those types of puzzles. bring on some more.

thanks for sharing with all of us.

lynnie 12-16-2015 09:52 AM

I think we all scored so high because we are quilters. we pay attention to a lot of things others don't. we're just smarter than the rest of the population. we know the names of shapes past a square, others don't. we see color and shapes others don't also. We can visualize a quilt block, with color, when others can't see the design.

IBQUILTIN 12-16-2015 11:15 AM

Something is wrong with the link for me. It takes me to buzz-hearts, then says it can't be found.

maryb119 12-16-2015 11:43 AM

I'm in the top 4%.

Jan in VA 12-16-2015 11:58 AM

Well, it seems the test got us all thinking -- whether that was negative thinking or not. Just our interest in taking it shows us something about ourselves. :)

Jan in VA

tessagin 12-16-2015 12:08 PM

I scored in the top 4% also and did well with the colors. They also have another test with faded numbers toward the end and ask how many or what the last number is that you see. just let's us know how well we do/don't see.

Geri B 12-16-2015 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by mjmachin (Post 7405531)
I am really disappointed! I took the test and also came up top 4%. So my inquiring mind took it again and of course entered a lot of wrong answers....guess what....I again came up in the top 4%. hummmm!!!!????

...but it's on the internet and everything there is true!!!!!!! Some do really believe that!!!! Your "test" was a perfect way to show the farce of it...

Jannie 12-16-2015 09:14 PM

I took the test, but it didn't tell me how many I got right. It took me to a new test with 120 questions which I am not willing to spend that much time on.

Originally Posted by IBQUILTIN (Post 7405697)
Something is wrong with the link for me. It takes me to buzz-hearts, then says it can't be found.

cathyvv 12-16-2015 10:37 PM

I sometimes have difficulty because of the colors - color blindness makes some similarly colored pieced shapes blend into each other. When I look at patterns in magazines, then look at the fabric descriptions and how much of each is needed, I frequently say, "There's no 'color X' in that quilt!"

Then I study the picture of the quilt and see the difference in the pattern of the fabric, but I really don't see the color that was mentioned in the directions.

If the colors of the fabrics are bright or high contrast, then I don't have a problem discerning shapes.

Needless to say, the quilts I make use bright , high contrast fabrics. I learned learned that I can only use 4 - 5 different fabrics in a quilt without getting overwhelmed.

While I can't be sure, I think my Mother had the same problem. I base that on some of her UFOs. When I tried to complete a couple of them, I got lost when I tried to piece them.

Having said that, the test said I'm in the top 4%, probably because quilting has forced me to be more particular when determining shapes! I have noticed a definite improvement from pre-quilting days!