Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Hurrah I'm Snowed In Today! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/hurrah-im-snowed-today-t213273.html)

Debbie C 02-09-2013 12:45 PM

Hi nygal - I'm on Long Island - middle of the south shore - we got about 18 inches of the white stuff overnight and I'm exhausted from all the cleaning up!! No sewing for me today - just a nap!

Originally Posted by nygal (Post 5846665)
We are to be snowed in too starting tonight. I can do some sewing as long as we don't lose power.

wanda lou 02-09-2013 02:24 PM

I am so jealous!!! I love snow.

MissBarbQuilts 02-09-2013 04:00 PM

Wish I had a good excuse to quilt all day. Instead, DH and I finished putting in two new square foot garden frames and filled them with Mel's Mix, and started 3 buckets of potatoes. Trying to get the "hot" work done before it gets really hot and humid next month. I just hate to sweat! Enjoy the snow.

Jingle 02-09-2013 08:07 PM

I have gotten to sew the last 3 or 4 weeks on the weekends. SIL, Husband and Son put in a new ceiling in Dining room and kitchen. SIL is finishing up the mudding, taping and sanding. What a mess, it will be very nice nice when it is finished. Guess I will prep and paint it. I'm very tired of the mess and dust.

Bearpawquilter 02-09-2013 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by MaryKatherine (Post 5846575)
Guilt free sewing ALL day. They always over react in this part of the country, but it looks like we could get a really good dump of snow. Our problem is usually drifting. But we shopped yesterday. I have wine, chocolate and material!! What more could I need.
MaryKatherine

Stay warm! I live in Alaska and it's raining here today.

QM 02-09-2013 09:16 PM

Have a great time!

MaryKatherine 02-10-2013 04:36 AM

As a followup to my original post.....
We had a foot of snow, but the storm has passed, the drive is dug, the sun is shining, its-20 and they're calling for rain tomorrow!!!
I DID gets lots of delicious work on a quilt done, though!
MaryKatherine

MargeD 02-10-2013 08:32 AM

We had about 24" of snow here in Lowell, MA. They just plowed the parking lot of our apt. complex - yesterday they just did the middle, but today my husband had to finish digging out and move the car so they could finish plowing. I had a great weekend quilting a kit I've had for some time and it's now finished ready to see if it needs a border or not, then to the quilting. The snow isn't bad as long as you are on the inside looking out and don't have to be anywhere.

mighty 02-10-2013 08:34 AM

That sounds like such a relaxing day!!!! I hope you enjoy your sewing!!!

Lucy90 02-10-2013 02:03 PM

I'm sewing today Sunday. It is snowing here in northern Minnesota and we are in a blizzard which will snow about 8 to 12 inches. Not looking forward to it but hey I can sew with no interruptions. Hope the electricity stays on.