Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   I am falling apart (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/i-am-falling-apart-t19165.html)

tlrnhi 04-18-2009 05:54 PM

I hope you get better soon!
Right now I'm nursing some bruised knees.
I decided to "miss" a few steps coming downstairs. Yup, landed right on my knees. OUCHY! I think I'm going to install some padding on the bottom of the stairs. This ceramic tile HURTS!!!

eparys 04-18-2009 06:23 PM

Hope you are resting comfortably, littlehud, and that the Dr's apt on Monday goes well.

Originally Posted by gcathie
.....once I hit 50 it's been a fast slippery ride.......I hurt all the time.....

gcathie is so correct - once I hit 50 it has been a rocky road. My list is too long, but most recent for me is knee issues as well - the Ortho guy told ME that my knees were older than I was (lol) :lol: :roll:

Oh well - joking aside - best of luck - you will be in our prayers.

amma 04-18-2009 06:28 PM

You will be in my thoughts and prayers!!! I hope that your doctor can find a way to help you get better soon!!! Maybe start out slowly learning to use your left foot instead of your right? Put your right foot up on a chair, to rest it... I have had to do that myself at times....it just takes some practice on scrap pieces :D :wink: :D

littlehud 04-18-2009 06:30 PM

I'm going to try sewing using my left foot. It should be interesting.

gcathie 04-18-2009 06:35 PM

littlehud.....would you believe I have a machine that you can use a button on the machine and it starts and stops it.....no foot pedal needed....now there is a machine for you.......:-)......Good luck....

tlrnhi 04-18-2009 06:50 PM

littlehud.....would you believe I have a machine that you can use a button on the machine and it starts and stops it.....no foot pedal needed....now there is a machine for you.......:-)......Good luck....

My machine will do that. All I do is disconnect the foot pedal and use the button on the machine.

gcathie 04-18-2009 07:01 PM

Cool beans.....:-)......my machine was bought on line at all brands and I got a really good deal.....My sister liked it so much she bought one too....A White Style Maker 3000 Computerized..... Betsy has needle up/down...needle threader......backstitch.....3 speed.... revearse stitching....and oddles of fancy stiches.....my only complaint is the lighting.... I got this for $199.00 about 3 years ago......seen it for $499.00 at JoAnn Fabrics...mine was refurbished....geuss that is why I got it for a good price..........Gotta love the new techknowledgie.....:-)

littlehud 04-18-2009 07:11 PM

Wow, what will they think of next. Think it was invented by someone with a bad knee. Tee Hee

blahel 04-18-2009 10:33 PM

sorry to hear that you are in such a lot of pain..you never realise how lucky you are until you have to experience chronic pain..i am 46 and am just waiting for blood test results to see if the arthritis in my spine has flared up as i have been in such pain 24 hours a day for the last month and popping pills like there is no tomorrow anything to get some sleep. It sounds like a lot of people on this board suffer lucky someone invented quilting to keep our mind off the pain..hope your drs appointment goes well and that you get some relief!

key4unc 04-19-2009 02:15 AM

I'm so sorry to hear that. Hope you knees heals quickly. You might want to get some hand-sewing together while you're healing so you don't have withdrawals.