Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   I am falling apart (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/i-am-falling-apart-t19165.html)

littlehud 04-18-2009 12:44 PM

I went to the ortho Dr. two weeks ago with lots of pain in my knee. He took x rays and told me because of my arthritis I have bone against bone. I needed to have three injections of orthovisc in my knee. It will cushion it. First shot....great I feel better. Second shot on last Monday....even better. Friday at work me knee started hurting in new places. Finished my 12 hour day and went home and sat down. When I got up there was a loud crack and now I can't straighten my leg and it hurts bad enough to wake me at night. I called this morning and I can see the DR on Monday. In the meantime I am taking large doses of ibuprofen and icing it. The knee is swollen and HURTS. Think of me on Monday. I hope it is something simple. Oh, and it's the leg I work my sewing machine foot petal with so I can't sew. Bummer.

nellie 04-18-2009 01:00 PM

sorry to hear littlehud ,i think you need something sronger for pain ,tell doctor to give you some thing on monday at less to beable to sleep contforable,i think it,s time for surgery so you don,t have suffer , i,ve been their had 3 surgerys already and still need one more :( just rest for now littlehud hope you,ll feel better after doctor,s visit

Shadow Dancer 04-18-2009 01:03 PM

I'm so sorry you are in pain littlehud. Will keep you in my thoughts that Monday the doctor can do something to relieve your discomfort.

MadQuilter 04-18-2009 02:00 PM

Bummer is right. I'm sorry you are hurting. Looks like you have to do hand work for a bit. Crunchy noises in the skeleton are never a good sign. Wishing you an easy solution.

Shemjo 04-18-2009 02:11 PM

Ooooooo, ouch! I am praying that you get what you need so you are not in pain! So sorry you can't sew right now! Do you have any hand work to do? :?

sewjoyce 04-18-2009 02:44 PM

Sorry to hear that you're in so much pain! Will be thinking of you Monday!!

Ninnie 04-18-2009 02:56 PM

So sorry you are in so much pain. You will be in my prayers.

Shelley 04-18-2009 03:35 PM

Don't sweat the sewing pedal!!! Use your other foot. It doesn't take much practice, and it can be done. I am right handed, and I learned to run my sewing machine with my left foot.

Hope you feel better soon!!

quiltswithdogs 04-18-2009 05:27 PM

little.... Ouch!!!
I have osteo A in my feet and Rheumatoid A also, other joints. They are very different problems, but both hurt bad. I sure hope you can get relief soon.

If it looks like this is going to be an ongoing chronic problem for you, you might consider getting a sewing machine like mine, with the option of using a foot pedal or a button on the machine that automatically makes it go at your selected speed. It's a great option that I switch around depending if it's my hands or feet bothering me more. It's my extra machine that I leave at my mom's, over an hour from me, ready without preplanning so if she needs me to mend something or I feel like a little quilting time, I have everything I need there, in a little armoir she devoted to me. If you want to know the exact model, I will have to call her. I think it is a Bernina.
Cathy

gcathie 04-18-2009 05:36 PM

Man I'm in the same boat.....once I hit 50 it's been a fast slippery ride.......I hurt all the time.....just try to keep my mind off the pain....:-(......now where did I put the back and body pain pills??????