Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   I am so thrilled!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/i-am-so-thrilled-t75815.html)

Dragonfly Nana 11-12-2010 06:13 PM

Congratulation to you both. How about shopping with your daughter for fabric to make the quilt. That should spur your creative juices.

quilter2 11-12-2010 06:24 PM

Thanks to everyone, you all are the greatest ladies in the world. I would love to let my daughter read all of your comments but I'm not supposed to tell anyone because she doesn't want to say anything right away because she's afraid something will happen, later I will let her read this. Good idea to shop with her for fabric for the baby quilt. Now all I have to do is find a pattern that is easy to make.

dotterbeck 11-12-2010 07:20 PM

My mom was 40 years old when she had my twin brother and me with a one year old 60 years ago. Congrats and best wishes to all of you. Every baby is a miracle.

Jan in VA 11-12-2010 08:06 PM

Please give your daughter a marvelous book called "The Thinking Woman's Guide to a Better Birth" by Henci Goer. It's available now on Amazon.

Having the research to support decisions and "issues" that she'll be exposed to will help her to relax and realize that if she is healthy enough to get pregnant, she'll likely be healthy enough to have a good birth. Chronological age does not always fall in line with biological/body age. After all, pregnancy and birth is the natural function of a healthy woman's body.

Best to the whole family!
Jan in VA (formerly a certified childbirth educator and labor companion)

quilter2 11-12-2010 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Jan in VA
Please give your daughter a marvelous book called "The Thinking Woman's Guide to a Better Birth" by Henci Goer. It's available now on Amazon.

Having the research to support decisions and "issues" that she'll be exposed to will help her to relax and realize that if she is healthy enough to get pregnant, she'll likely be healthy enough to have a good birth. Chronological age does not always fall in line with biological/body age. After all, pregnancy and birth is the natural function of a healthy woman's body.

Best to the whole family!
Jan in VA (formerly a certified childbirth educator and labor companion)

Thanks for the good wishes and I'll get that book for my daughter.

sueisallaboutquilts 11-15-2010 06:46 AM

You know, I had my first baby at 23 and was scared!! I think part of the fear is "normal" if that makes any sense. So many women have babies older now and everything is just fine! I am so happy for you and wish you all the best!! HUGS

quilter2 11-17-2010 02:39 PM

Baby Update!!!! My daughter went for her ultra sound today and she just called me. Her due date is June 27, Dr told her she is 8 weeks plus a few days. Wow, this is so exciting when its your daughter having the baby.

sueisallaboutquilts 11-17-2010 04:13 PM

Awwwww, I can HEAR your excitement!! Keep us updated! :D