Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   I am Switching over for a while (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/i-am-switching-over-while-t229334.html)

Rosyhf 09-02-2013 03:30 PM

I am Switching over for a while

I am in the painting mood and I will not be quilting for a while. I need a break from all the sewing. I will still read the board and will make a mug rug here and there and if the mood strikes, make something small. I have been in a cleaning and de-junking fit.

Both hubby and I have going from room to room, mainly my junk lol and pulling out stuff. Two totally loaded cars have already gone to the Goodwill. I got rid of furniture and bunches of craft supplies. It feels so good.

mandyrose 09-02-2013 03:48 PM

have fun rosy and thanks for posting all your beautiful work do you mean house painting rooms or picture painting portiraits

Jingle 09-02-2013 04:10 PM

Hopefully you will get your house in order real fast and get back to quilting. My fits of decluttering doesn't last long. My energy level isn't as high as it use to be. I got rid of most of my non quilting supplies when our oldest Granddaughter moved in with us. That was eight years ago and she moved out this past March. I really miss her but I took her room for a much larger sewing room.
I don't miss the stuff I donated. I just plan on my quilts with the time I have left here.

coopah 09-02-2013 04:40 PM

Good for you (dejunking)!! Glad you'll still be reading posts and enjoy the painting! :-)

Nammie to 7 09-02-2013 06:11 PM

Hopefully you will check in and keep us posted on what wonderful things you are doing even if it isn't sewing! I know what you mean about decluttering - cleaned under the bathroom sink today - threw away two grocery bags worth of junk! How does it accumulate so fast?

mawluv 09-03-2013 01:56 AM

We'll miss you Rosy, don't stay gone too long!!!

Retired Fire Chief 09-03-2013 02:42 AM

Doesn't it feel great? I have been mega cleaning room by room. Now all my walls are dusted, baseboards clean, windows and screens clean and curtains washed- still have a pair of valances and the bedroom curtains to iron, poo. I maybe the only one to notice, but it sure does feel good. After washing all the baseboards and dusting I know I have a lot of painting to do this winter - in between quilting. My walk-in closet needs a mega cleaning so that's when I go to Goodwill! That's not going to happen until next week, my sisters are coming up from Louisville today and we need to travel to all the quilt stores we can before they go back Sat!

mighty 09-03-2013 06:10 AM

Enjoy your break!

nativetexan 09-03-2013 07:05 AM

Oh have loads of fun with that. I keep telling myself to get back to doing some painting but can't seem to do it. Cleaning house does help give one more "room" to do things. Good for you!!

Grace MooreLinker 09-03-2013 07:08 AM

YEA! for you, I have done some dejunking, still need more needs to be done.