Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   I did something I've been wanting to do... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/i-did-something-ive-been-wanting-do-t76084.html)

kylenstevesmom 11-13-2010 07:55 AM

Been there, done that many years ago... which is why I was so reluctant to find work after being at home for so long. I just couldn't put up with crap like that now.

Life is too short for crap like hers... and what goes around comes around. I figure god will get her sooner or later!

Now, rest, destress and quilt to your hearts content. By the sounds of it you deserve it!

Shemjo 11-13-2010 07:59 AM

Thank you for standing up for yourself! I always wonder about a person who treats others badly when they are in a position of power. What do her superiors think about her work. It doesn't sound like a nice place to work, and yes, someone ese will now have to take the "stuff" she was dishing to you. How big an office was it, and was it a local mom and pop kind of place, or a larger branch of somehting else.
I had difficult co workers, but am retired now, and my health is much better.

MZStitch 11-13-2010 08:00 AM

Now you can find employment where you are appreciated for your hard work and you can enjoy working. It was a hard step to take, but likely one that will improve your life in so many ways.

great aunt jacqui 11-13-2010 08:46 AM

sometimes the best thing is to leave. Your health and well being
is totally more important. Even working in a lower position is good to keep you in fabric spending Money. Others may follow your lead, and you may have inspired others good luck.
I am showing this to my DD, who has a similar boss. Although she is single she has bills, an apartment, and car paymnts so she is reluctant to leave. She also loves her job Helping troubled families and kids, She is passionate and caring. her goal is to remain there till spring, then look for another job pprobably in another state, boo hoo. Someday these bosses will get their just due.

kapatt 11-13-2010 08:49 AM

:thumbup:

I'm happy for you. She definitely had a problem and wanted to take it out on you. I agree with the earlier remark that someone made...watch out whisperers. You're next.

akrogirl 11-13-2010 09:18 AM

Sadly, all too many jobs seem to be like that these days, but that still doesn't make them worth it. There is nothing much worse than having to go in every day to a job you hate. Hopefully, you will be able to find something you enjoy pretty quickly.

finch 11-13-2010 09:21 AM

Don't you just dislike rude people!! Good for you and I hope you get a better job.

hannajo 11-13-2010 09:49 AM

Hopefully you can find another job asap. If not there is a bright side - you'd have more time for quilting...

mama's place 11-13-2010 12:05 PM

I worked with a lady just like that...For years one of the other ladies was her target, then she turned on me. Everything that went wrong was my fault. It made me a nervous wreck. After I left that job she found another scapegoat. What burned me up was that our boss wouldn't stand up to her.

maryb119 11-13-2010 12:32 PM

You are so right, mama's place! It is a small business and I went to the boss telling him about it several times and I was told to be nice to her anyway. I just couldn't do it any more. When she yelled at me in front of my co-workers, I let her have it right back. We both were at our desks crying and I left for lunch to calm down. She even blamed me for things that happened when I was on vacation!!!! I sure feel better today that I quit. Life is too short to put up with that. I had been there 4 years and it was a long 4 years. Thanks you all for your support! This is such a great group of people on this board. I am looking forward to time quilting.